- Philippines: Pension fund looks to local market for higher returns. // Asia Insurance Review;Jun2011, p49
The article reports that the Philippines' pension fund for government workers is looking to local investments in a bid to boost financial returns. The country's biggest social security organisation in terms of assets, Government Service Insurance System (GSIS), has started liquidating about 670...
- Polish Govt pension swoop warning for private savers. // Corporate Adviser (Online Edition);9/10/2013, p1
The article offers information on the plans of the Polish government to confiscate private pension assets to improve public finances, highlighting the need for more safeguards across the European Union (EU) against such raids. It states that the bonds are being exchanged for pension liabilities...
- German employers blast proposed levy. Kirk, Don Lewis // Business Insurance;02/15/99, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p53
Reports on the opposition of German employers to a proposal that would require them to make costly contributions to the social security system in the country. Percentage of an amount that would go to pension benefits; Contributions to replace existing taxes paid by employers on part-time...
- Mexico program delay could hike costs. Case, Brendan M. // Pensions & Investments;11/25/96, Vol. 24 Issue 24, p14
Reports that according to prospective managers in Mexico, the introduction of a different social security law will force changes in the plans for companies that have applied to handle millions of dollars in Mexican pension funds. Effects of the changes; When the law will be introduced; Comments...
- JAPAN'S PENSION FUND Battleground. Shibata, Yoko // Global Finance;Jan1999, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p29
Looks at the corporate pension funds situation in Japan. Information on Japan's social security system; Expected raise on the premium in employee systems; Welfare benefits wherein the Japanese have the poorest rate of return.
- Americans should be free to invest their own pension funds. Murdock, Deroy // National Minority Politics;Nov94, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p27
Reports on the opinion study on pension funds in the United States conducted by Third Millennium with GOP pollster Frank Luntz and Democratic consultant Mark Siegel. Cynicism of Americans about the Social Security; Fatigued corporate pension funds; Support of the reduction of Social Security...
- Tiger feats? Smith, Chris // New Statesman & Society;1/26/96, Vol. 9 Issue 387, p16
Makes various observations about the operation of Singapore's social security policies and its Central Provident Fund. Control of the fund by government; Features of the saving-for-retirement model that are not fit for Great Britain; Absence of as safety net in the Singaporean retirement system.
- Pricing Pension Fund Guarantees: A Discrete Martingale Approach. Fischer, Klaus P. // Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences (Canadian Journal of;Sep99, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p256
Presents a solution to the problem of pricing guarantees of minimum returns on pension fund contributions. Result of a worldwide trend toward privatizing social security and pension fund management; Common type of guarantee on contributions to pension funds; Application in the context of the...
- Pension losses spur call for fund to use TUCS. Fulman, Ricki // Pensions & Investments;11/26/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p4
Reports the poor market performance of the State Retirement and Pension System, a pension fund agency in Maryland. Amount on the loss of the system; Rank of the system in the Trust Universe Comparison Service's ranking of funds; Plans of the system in coping with its poor performance.