IRS Rules Interest on Kentucky County's Pooled Bonds Taxable
- TIF Time? Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;4/11/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31363, p29
Reports on the legislation allowing the use of tax increment financing for redevelopment purposes in West Virginia. Procedures in holding public hearings; Ways to amortize debt to pay off bonds; Opportunity to attract business investments.
- The Trouble With TIFs. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;9/26/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31479, p1
Reports issues concerning the tax increment financing for transportation improvements in Manhattan, New York City. Development of plan for specific improvements in the area; Increase in the property tax revenue from assessed property in the district; Implications of the bond having not been...
- OPINION. // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/10/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 50, p10
Comments on the need for a tax increment financing at Euclid Avenue in Cleveland, Ohio. Proposition of tax incrementation from the White administration; Allocation of property taxes for street improvement; Encouragement of prospective of investors.
- The city that TIFs: Too much of a good thing? // Crain's Chicago Business;07/14/97, Vol. 20 Issue 28, p10
Opinion. Discusses Chicago's use of the tax-increment financing (TIF) program. Impact of TIF on the city's fiscal health; Location of Chicago's taxing districts; Operations of the TIF program.
- Making better use of tax increment financing. Carlson, Gary E. // Economic Development Review;Spring92, Vol. 10 Issue 2, Spring 1992 p34
Discusses the use of tax increment financing (TIF) as an economic development financing. Traditional TIF projects; New development TIF applications; TIF development areas; TIF for training; Experience of Newton, Iowa in this kind of financing.
- Nontraditional sources of funds in tax increment financing projects: The case of Missouri. Hood, Larry C. // Economic Development Review;Spring92, Vol. 10 Issue 2, Spring 1992 p38
Discusses the use of tax increment financing (TIF) for economic development projects in Missouri. Sequence of events for TIFs in the state; Impact of other taxes on TIF; Increase in retail projects; Spreading of revenue sources; Number of taxing districts; Constitutional questions.
- Advantages & disadvantages of tax increment financing. Royse, Mark // Economic Development Review;Spring92, Vol. 10 Issue 2, Spring 1992 p84
Discusses the advantages and disadvantages of tax increment financing. Classification as a tax; Flexibility feature; Impact on debt limitation; Controllability compared to other economic development incentives; Impact on tax rates and tax payers; Cost of administering the tax.
- Failed Cleveland TIF on Hot Seat. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;8/18/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33368, p1
The article reports on the impact of the foreclosure of Old Arcade shopping center and the Hyatt hotel property on the state's tax increment financing (TIF) debt and TIF-supported borrowings in Cleveland, Ohio.
- TIF-district plan deserves support. // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/6/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 14, p10
The article discusses the efficiency of the Tax Increment Financing (TIF) districts strategy in Indianapolis, Indiana.