California Public Works Board to Issue $162 Million for Universities, Forests
- Calforests and CAL FIRE Partnership Working together during wildfire season. // California Forests;Summer2013, p6
The article focuses on the partnership and camaraderie of Calforests members, California Department of Forestry and Fire Prevention (CAL FIRE), and the U.S. Forest Service (USFS) during wildfire season. It states that every year, Calforests members adjoin with USFS and CAL FIRE in order to...
- California budget proposes cuts for wildland firefighting. // Fire Engineering;Mar2011, Vol. 164 Issue 3, p70
The article reports on the recommendation to reduce California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CalFire) engine crews and shift its firefighting responsibilities to cities and counties in the budget proposal of Governor Jerry Brown in 2011.
- Univ. of Houston Selling $81M Of New Money, Refunding Debt. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/17/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32299, p32
The article reports on the sale of 80.9 million dollars offering of consolidated revenue bonds by the University of Houston System Board of Regents in Dallas, Texas. The bond issuance includes a 35.1 million dollars tranche of new-money debt and approximately 46 million dollars of refunding...
- BRONCO IN DEMAND. // Air Classics;Feb2013, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p19
The article reports on the move by the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection to operate a fleet of rebuilt North American Aviation OV-10 Bronco aircraft from the former McClellan Air Force Base (AFB) in Sacramento, California.
- Butte Blazes. // Fire Chief;Aug2008, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p28
The article offers information on the wildfires in the Butte County, California. It states that firefighters walk through thick smoke during wildfires that burned across the county. According to California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection, the flames destroyed 106 homes, 11 outbuilding...
- Cal State: $672M In Five Years. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;11/14/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32508, p1
The article reports that California State University has expected to sell $672 million of lease revenue debt not including the $690 million of general obligation funds. Among the projects that will benefit from the $672 million of lease revenue bonds, the San Francisco campus library stands out...
- THE LATEST ON THE EVOLUTION OF CHEMICAL FIRE SUPPRESSION -- WATER ENHANCERS EYED FOR THE FUTURE. Holsapple, Lester; Henderson, Tory // Fire Management Today;Summer2007, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p24
The article discusses the popularity of water enhancers as a chemical fire suppression product among fire managers. Other chemical suppression/application groups include long-term retardants and foam fire suppressants. In 2005, the U.S. Forest Service, in collaboration with the California...
- Prevent Cooking Fires This Holiday Season CAL FIRE Discourages Use of Turkey Fryers. // La Prensa San Diego;11/26/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 48, p13
The article reports on the move of the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection to remind Californians about the dangers of home fires this holiday season. It states that holidays are a time of food, fun and festivities; but it is also a time to be extra cautious as thousands of...
- Firefighters' Chaplaincy Program To Disband. // Church & State;Oct2003, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p21
Reports on the lawsuit filed by the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection against the chaplaincy program. Facts of the case; Merit of the case; Opinion of the court.