Executive Order by Outgoing New Jersey Gov. McGreevey Draws Fire
- Over and out. Vilanch, Bruce // Advocate;10/12/2004, Issue 924, p58
This article addresses the announcement made by New Jersey Governor Jim McGreevey regarding his homosexuality. Being an adulterer, and especially a gay adulterer, evidently compromises one's ability to govern a state. The announcement could not have been more theatrical. The wife and the mother...
- New Jersey Announces Major New Environmental Justice Initiative. Montag, Brian S.; Trinkle, Catherine A. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2004 Q1, p1
The article focuses on an Executive Order issued by New Jersey Governor Jim McGreevey which is designed to address environmental justice issues in the state. Under this regulation, communities faced with environmental injustices can file a petition with the Environmental Justice Task Force. This...
- Back to the future. Acito, Marc // Just Out;10/1/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p45
Presents the author's ideas regarding the admission by New Jersey Governor Jim McGreevey of his sexual orientation. Involvement of McGreevey in a sex scandal; Reaction of the people towards the admission of the governor; Recognition of sexuality as an individual imprint.
- Safe School Legislation. // District Administration;Sep2002, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p17
Reports that New Jersey Governor Jim McGreevey has signed into law a bill requiring every school district in the state to adopt and implement an anti-harassment and bullying policy, including harassment based on sexual orientation.
- McGreevey's cry for help. Huffington, Arianna // Advocate;10/12/2004, Issue 924, p12
This article presents the author's opinion regarding the statement issued by New Jersey Governor Jim McGreevey that he is gay. New Jersey Governor Jim McGreevey had just announced that he is gay and would resign, and it seemed as if the bookers from every television talk show in the U.S. had...
- Jim McGreevey, Working-Class Hero. McIntyre, Robert S. // American Prospect;9/9/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 16, p19
Comments on the response of New Jersey Governor Jim McGreevey to the region's corporate tax decline in 2002. Value of the revenue shortfall facing New Jersey; Description of tax-avoidance schemes that became popular in the state; Details of his proposed corporate tax reforms.
- Executive Orders and Presidential Power. Mayer, Kenneth R. // Journal of Politics;May99, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p445
Provides information on a study which reassessed the paradigm of the presidential studies literature that holds that presidents have limited capacity to act unilaterally or make policy decisions on their own. How presidents have used executive orders as a way of implementing significant...
- Reader Aids. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;11/7/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 216, following p66913
The article offers a list of publications of Federal Register and proclamations, proposals and executive orders on the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) in November 2012.
- More Power To Him? Burka, Paul // Texas Monthly;Apr2007, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p16
The article presents the author's views on how Texas governor Rick Perry aims to influence and even create public policy in the state over the Legislature through executive orders. The author described the disputes that arose from an executive order the governor had issued regarding a program...