Merged Louisville/Jefferson Metro Government in First GO Deal
- Munis Finish Session Little Changed; Virginia Sells $448M Tobacco Deal. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;5/13/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32132, p2
This article reports that the municipal bond market finished little changed yesterday, as a rebound in Treasuries helped it erase earlier losses, while in the primary participants focused on $448 million of Virginia Tobacco Settlement Financing Corp. tobacco bonds. Traders and underwriters...
- Popularity of Credit Default Swaps Grows Among Institutional Buyers. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;6/3/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32146, p1
This article presents information related to credit default swaps (CDS) which are increasingly being used by institutional municipal traders to hedge risk on bonds from heavy issuance states. This trend could influence pricing on new issues and provide competition to bond insurers, according to...
- OHIO: Cincinnati GO Sale Affirmed. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/15/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32692, p9
The article reports on the plan of Cincinnati to sell about $50 million of its general obligation (GO) refunding bonds for savings in Ohio. Moody's Investors Service Inc. has revealed the city's Aa1 GO rating on $417 million of debt, which reflects the city's historically stable financial...
- FLORIDA: Alachua County Gets Boost. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/14/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32528, p31
The article reports on the plan of Alachua County to competitively sell $65 million of public improvement revenue bonds in two series following its upgrade from the A2 to A1 rating by Moody's Investors Service Inc. in Florida. Proceeds from the $21.1 million Series 2007A bonds will be used for...
- As California Looks Up, Some Consider Seeking Yield Elsewhere. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/7/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32273, p7
The article focuses on the impact of improvement in the credit ratings of California. The California Legislative Analyst's Office last month announced that total general fund cash receipts through the first four months of this fiscal year, which stats on July 1, are gone up by more than $1.5...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;5/20/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31888, p2
Reports developments in the bond market in the U.S. as of May 2004. Factors affecting the rating of local credits in California; Increase in the underlying general obligation rating of the Municipal Utility District in Brazoria County, Texas; Designated rating for New York's Webster Central...
- THE BOND BUYER NEW-ISSUE CALENDAR. // Bond Buyer;8/4/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32189, p7
Presents charts depicting the schedule of bond offerings in the U.S. from August 4 to August 16, 2005.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT; Monday, September 12. // Bond Buyer;9/13/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32216, p2
Presents a chart depicting performance of bonds and securities in the bond market in the U.S.
- Market News. // Bond Buyer;11/14/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32258, p2
Presents charts depicting major bond deals in the bond market in the U.S.