Municipals Move Sideways Amid Range- Bound Treasuries, Upcoming Calendar
- Munis inch up behind stable govies; $4.8 billion of paper is on the way. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;03/16/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30599, p2
Reports on the performance of the bond market in the United States on March 15, 1999. Municipal securities prices; Bonds; Treasury market; Debt futures; Tax-exempt issues; Dollar bond trading.
- Surprise Surge in Core PPI Drives Muni, Treasury Prices Downward. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;2/22/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32075, p2
The article reports that the municipal bond market in the U.S. succumbed to selling pressure when an unexpected surge in the core producer price index sparked inflationary worries and pushed tax-exempt and government bond prices lower. At the end of an abbreviated session ahead of the long...
- Australian Debt: Hitting the bid. Marriott, Cherie // FinanceAsia;Feb2013, p1
The article focuses on debt market of Australia raised through issuance of Australian dollar bonds. It mentions that companies raised debt amounting to 4.8 billion dollars in the first three weeks of January and states that companies are planning to repeat the success of borrowers BP plc and BHP...
- CORPORATE MOTIVES IN REPURCHASES OF DISCOUNTED BONDS. Johnson, Rodney; Klein, Richard // Financial Management (1972);Autumn74, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p44
This article analyzes corporate motives in repurchases of discounted bonds. The analysis demonstrates that repurchases in excess of current sinking fund requirements cannot be justified on a discounted cash flow basis unless the issuing firm is anticipating future reductions in interest rates....
- Investors Start To Get Their Way. K. L. // High Yield Report;8/7/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 31, p1
The article reports on the investors in the high yield primary market. Lower quality deals that manage to attract the market was pushed back on both pricing and covenants by debt capitalists and financiers before being available in the bond market. Financial investment by the US Shipping...
- Muni Market Set for New Issue Pricings. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;1/27/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34450, p1
The municipal bond market is set for the start of the week's $5.42 billion new issue slate, which will be led off on Tuesday by the competitive sale from a Virginia issuer and a negotiated deal out of a New York City suburb.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;6/27/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31417, p32
Presents several charts and graphs depicting on bond markets in the U.S. Increase of the municipal bond index; Details on the total amount of long term bonds; Prices of the Treasury Bills for the year 2002.
- News in brief. Monsarrat, Sean; Showalter, Monica; Ferris, Craig T.; Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;01/19/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30810, p2
Reports on developments in the bond market in the United States, as of January 19, 2000. Elimination of five broker positions at the New York City office of Standard & Poor's/J.J. Kenny Drake; Economic indicator forecasts for the next week; Tender rates for the US Treasury's 91-day and 182-day...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;03/21/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30853, p25
Presents charts depicting the bond market statistics as of March 2000 in United States. Includes details on bond market indicators; Estimated, actual and revised indexes of long-term, negotiated and competitive bonds and short-term notes; Price indexes of treasury bills, notes and bonds.