Mayoral Race Mayhem
- HIGHEST-PAID PUBLIC EMPLOYEES. Killion, Andrew // San Diego Business Journal;11/8/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 45, pA10
Features some of the highest-paid public employees in San Diego, California, ranked by salary for 2004-2005 fiscal year. William Garrett; Kenneth Noonan; Edward Brand; P. Lamont Ewell.
- McGrory steps down for post with price firm. Broderick, Pat // San Diego Business Journal;06/30/97, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p1
Reports on the resignation of Jack McGrory from his position as San Diego city manager. Information on McGrory's future employment at the Price Enterprise company; Comments from McGrory; Background information on McGrory.
- Ewell Bound for Santa Monica. Brooderick, Pat // San Diego Business Journal;11/28/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 48, p36
This article reports that San Diego, California's city manager Lamont Ewell resigned on November 23, 2005. Ewell was appointed Santa Monica, California's city manager in April 2004. He said that he wanted to give San Diego's Mayor-elect Jerry Sanders the chance to assign a new team.
- Progressive Cleveland. Higginbotham, Leslie // New Republic;1/18/22, Vol. 29 Issue 372, p199
Focuses on the change in Cleveland, Ohio's charter to provide for the introduction of proportional representation voting and the city manager form of government. Evaluation of the suitability of such progressive government methods to large municipalities such as Cleveland; Innovation introduced...
- Does Prop C move us forward? // Michigan Citizen;10/16/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 49, pA6
The author reflects on the proposed revised Charter of Detroit, Michigan which prescribes residency requirements for the new council districts and subject to approval by the residents on November 8, 2011.
- Detroiters pick people over profiteers. Cromer, John; McClellan, Cecily; Sherrad, Devonte // Michigan Citizen;2/5/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 13, pA1
The article offers the insights of several Detroit, Michigan voters on the revision of the City Charter, in which John Cromer says that he likes the district concept, Cecily McClellan states that she do not like districts, and Devonte Sherrad likes Option Four.
- Revised charter sent for voter approval. // Michigan Citizen;9/18/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 45, pA3
The article focuses on the opportunity of residents in Detroit, Michigan to adopt a revised City Charter.
- Turnaround, what? // Michigan Citizen;6/23/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 33, pA6
The author comments on the vital changes to the 2012 City Charter of Detroit, Michigan.
- Vote no on the unanswered question. Tatum, Wilbert A. // New York Amsterdam News;10/31/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 44, p12
Discusses the issue of amending the 1989 city charter of New York city, New York in the state's governor's election in 2002. Views of the author on the issue; Reforms sought by the New York mayor and City Council Speaker.