African-American consumerism: An exploratory analysis and classification
- DID YOU KNOW? // Essence (Time Inc.);Sep2004, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p48
Presents statistics on the spending of African American consumers in 2002. Amount spent on cars, trucks and automobiles; Value of the money spent on clothes; Amount spent on furniture.
- What's in our Shopping Carts? Pearson-McNeil, Cheryl // Washington Informer;10/31/2013, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p18
The article explores the annual retail spending of African-American consumers according to the "Resilient, Receptive and Relevant: The African-American Consumer 2013 Report." According to the report, the annual spending of African-American consumers accounts for up to 87 percent of the total...
- TAKING OUR AFFLUENCE FOR GRANTED. Graves Sr., Earl G. // Black Enterprise;Oct2003, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p12
Comments on the unrecognized and untapped market of African Americans in the U.S. Aspects in the U.S. that are influenced by the African American culture; Types of businesses, in which the African-American market remains untapped; Findings of survey conducted by Target Market News, which...
- Food for Thought. // Chain Store Age;Jan2007, Vol. 83 Issue 1, p18
The article reports on the findings of the report "Profiles of the U.S. Food Shopper" conducted by Ellen Neuborne and EPM Communications. It found that U.S. consumers spend more than $815 billion annually on groceries and about 65% of shoppers would like to see prices on products instead of on...
- RACE, ETHNICITY AND THE WAY WE SHOP. Gardyn, Rebecca; Fetto, John // American Demographics;Feb2003, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p30
Discusses statistical and demographic data on the different attitudes and behaviors of Asian, Afro-American, Hispanic and White consumers in the U.S. Brand consciousness among Asian consumers; Index of each race that bought items based on direct mail advertisements; Use of credit cards by...
- CHAPTER 33: AFRICAN-AMERICAN CONSUMERS. Washington, Kelli; Miller, Richard K. // Consumer Behavior;2010, p150
Chapter 33 of the "Consumer Behavior 2010" report is presented. It describes African-American consumers who control more disposable income than any other minority group in the U.S. until 2007 when their buying power was topped by the Hispanic-American consumer. It notes that Black consumer...
- Survey: 48% Gave Gift Cards in 2004. Kuykendall, Lavonne // American Banker;1/7/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 5, p5
The article reports that about 48% of consumers in the United States gave gift cards during the 2004 holiday season. Nearly half of American consumers bought at least one gift card in the 2004 holiday season, and 28% gave at least three, according to a survey conducted for Paymentech LP. The...
- African-American shoppers. // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/08/99, Vol. 38 Issue 45, p11
Reports on some distinctive buying characteristics of African-American shoppers, based on a survey conducted by Don Coleman Advertising and Yankelovich Partners.
- A time to buy. Smith, Eric L. // Black Enterprise;May2000, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p30
Reveals the results of a study on the purchasing trends of African American consumers between 1997 and 1998. Categories of household expenditures that were surveyed; Spending on major appliances; Money spent on computers and related technology.