At the table: Observations on Japanese negotiation style
- Negotiate or trail. Le Mesurier, Kristen // BRW;10/16/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p66
Reports on sex differences in salary negotiating strategies. Differences in the salaries of men and women in Australia; Suggestion that career success depends heavily on being willing to negotiate; Different approaches of men and women to negotiating; Women's natural lack of competitiveness;...
- North Adams Regional Hospital RNs OK contract: Nurses to continue the struggle to protect quality care. // Massachusetts Nurse Advocate;OCt2010, Vol. 81 Issue 8, p2
The article reports that the registered nurses of the North Adams Regional Hospital have approved on a two-year contract, under which the nurses can refuse for overtime, if they are exhausted or ill, and the hospital cannot admit patients if they don't have the staff to provide quality care.
- VIDYUT SARAF : Deputy Managing Director, Forum Group. // Marwar;8/30/2015, p1
The author shares the lessons he learned from his grandfather and father about the importance of long-term negotiations, relationship building, and trust in business.
- ASK THE COACH. // Finweek;11/15/2012, p45
The article provides an answer to a question of how to bring up a discussion with a boss regarding concerns related to the absence of the boss to sort the complaints and queries of clients.
- World-class negotiator. Rapp, John F. // Executive Excellence;Aug97, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p18
Offers advice for executives on how to be effective in negotiations. Executives' need to refocus one's behavior toward getting to know the position of one's adversary as well as one's own position; Critical shift to an other-centered perspective; Description of a good negotiator.
- Why managers must be skilled negotiators. Gennard, John // People Management;11/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 22, p61
Focuses on the necessity for managers to acquire negotiation skills even in the absence of trade unions within the company. Misconception on the limited relevance of employee relations to companies with trade unions; Skills needed in dealing with managerial colleagues and handling disciplinary...
- Developments in Industrial Relations. // Monthly Labor Review;Feb88, Vol. 111 Issue 2, p70
Reports on the developments in industrial relations in the U.S., as of February 1988. Updates in the automobile industry; Settlements negotiated by food stores; Negotiation for a job security plan; Settlement between Crowley Maritime Corp. and the International Longshoremen's Association.
- THE ART OF ASKING FOR MORE. // Money;Sep2000, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p117
Offers advice to employees regarding salary negotiation. Help that a boss can offer; Naming a price, which should be avoided; When to time the request; Requesting of performance pay; Advice not to accept any deal offered and not to be confrontational.
- Negotiating skills can be learned. Demers, Julie // CMA Management;Nov2002, Vol. 76 Issue 8, p33
Discusses the negotiation strategies in business management. Factors that contributed to the increasing the instances when conscious negotiation is preferable to other forms of negotiation; Definitions of negotiation; Characteristics of effective negotiators; Importance of interpersonal...