Accounting information utilization and judgment quality in a stock investment task
- Investor, Know Thyself. Updegrave, Walter // Money;May2002, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p21
Discusses ways to avoid the excesses of the 1990s bull market, in light of the Enron debacle and two consecutive years of losses. How reason and experience play a role in investing decisions; Question of how to deal with an instinct that can wreak havoc in portfolios and derail financial plans.
- THE ROLE AND THE IMPORTANCE OF CAPITAL EVALUATION ON DIRECT ASSET INVESTMENT. Micu, Adrian; Micu, Angela-Eliza; Epure, Danut-Tiberius // International Conference : CKS - Challenges of the Knowledge Soc;Jan2009, p1481
Since this capital gains tax liability is associated with the appraised value of the corporate assets, it is typically called the built-in gains (or BIG) tax liability. The asset-based approach analysis is often performed using the asset appraisal premise of value of: value in continued use, as...
- A Behavioral Science Approach to Financial Research. Farrelly, Gail // Financial Management (1972);Autumn80, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p15
This article examines the behavioral science approach to financial research. Such application seems evident when financial and investment decision-making is seen as a circular process in which the last step is linked to the first. These steps are: first, firm makes financial and investment...
- Investment Commentary. Preston, James E. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;07/06/99, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p26
Advises on how to assemble a diversified stock portfolio. Advantages and disadvantages of investing in different but correlated companies; Outcome of investing in companies with zero correlation; Choices of stocks that will fit a well-correlated mix.
- Suddenly, Everyone Loves Stocks. Uh-Oh. MATTERS, CRAIG // Money;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p11
The article presents a discussion about the state of the stock market as of March, 2013, saying that, while it is still strong, investors should remain cautious and be conservative in their investment plan choices.
- Look beyond Nifty and Sensex for stock investments. // FRPT- Finance Snapshot;1/5/2014, p2
The article reports on the call of investment experts urging individual investors to look beyond Indian stock market indices Nifty and Sensex in 2014 when analysing the markets and investing stocks. These experts claim that may investors erroneously base their decisions solely on the indices,...
- Analyze the impact of financial variables on the market risk of Tehran Stock Exchange companies. Abadi, Hossein Rezaei Dolat; Fathi, Saeed; Zare, Meysam // Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business;Feb2012, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p664
Given the importance of forecasts in investment decisions, And given that both risk and return on investment are important factors influencing the process, this study measures the financial impact on risk of companies listed on stock market. Thus in order to try to increase the knowledge of...
- Test of Endowment and Disposition Effects under Prospect Theory on Decision-Making Process of Individual Investors at the Nairobi Securities Exchange, Kenya. Kalunda, Elizabeth; Mbaluka, Peter // Research Journal of Finance & Accounting;2012, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p157
This study examined investment simulations on investors in the Nairobi Securities Exchange by adopting the Prospect Theory developed by Kahneman and Tversky in 1979. It revealed that the process of investment decision making deviates from standard finance principles and is based on "Behavioral...
- Are equity markets falling short? // Money Marketing;11/24/2011, p101
The article focuses on the review to determine the short-term pressures of the equity market in Great Britain. It mentions that Vince Cable, secretary reviews the failure in the investment decision-making process. It mentions that the purpose of the review is to improve the performance of...