People In The News
- Here Comes Zondernelson. // Book Publishing Report;Aug2012, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p8
The article reports that HarperCollins Publishers LLC, which has bought Thomas Nelson Inc. is planning keep the Zondervan and Thomas Nelson brands and editorial separate from its newly created Christian publishing division.
- BP Radar. // Book Publishing Report;Jan2007, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p8
The article offers news briefs related to the book publishing industry in the U.S. in 2007. HarperCollins Publishers Inc. has announced that it will close its Regan office in Los Angeles, California as of March 1. Thomas Nelson Inc. has formed a distribution partnership with FindEx.com Inc., a...
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;8/18/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 31, p5
Reports developments in publishing industry in the U.S. as of August 18, 2003. Revenue of HarperCollins in its 2003 year; First quarter fiscal sales of Thomas Nelson Inc.; Increase of the profit of Indigo Books.
- Stunned Reaction To HarperCollins's Acquisition of Thomas Nelson. Garrett, Lynn // Publishers Weekly;11/7/2011, Vol. 258 Issue 45, p7
The article focuses on the decision of HarperCollins Publishers LLC to acquire Christian publisher Thomas Nelson Inc. It states that HarperCollins' acquisition received stunned reaction from the publishing industry as it already owns Thomas' competitor, Christian media and publishing company...
- BRIAN MURRAY. MILLIOT, JIM // Publishers Weekly;12/1/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 50, p18
The article discusses Brian Murray, the chief executive officer (CEO) of the publisher HarperCollins (HC), who was chosen as the periodical's Person of the Year. Topics include how he acquired the Christian publisher Thomas Nelson to expand internationally, his commitment to direct sales and...
- Category Review: Finding Religion. // Book Publishing Report;Nov2011, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p3
The article presents an overview of the market segment of religious books publishing at the HarperCollins Publishers LLC/Thomas Nelson Inc. Noted is that the market will be a busy one since over the past four quarters, around 154 editions of 128 titles have been identified within he religion...
- Bet on Religion A Small Leap of Faith. // Book Publishing Report;Nov2011, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p1
The article presents a perspective on the acquisition of Thomas Nelson Inc. by HarperCollins Publishers LLC. over its publication of religious book that Thomas Nelson does. Noted is that at least a group of adults are still interested in the specialty of the acquired company. Based on a survey...
- New HC imprint will focus on brand publishing. // Publishers Weekly;1/12/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 2, p15
Reports on Harpercollins' imprint, HarperHorizon. Release of its first title in February 1998; Its wish to become the preferred publisher for companies with strong brands or licenses; Its plans and alliances.
- Digging for gold. Goldsmith, Olivia // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Mar97, Vol. 110 Issue 3, p5
Expresses insights about the prospect that a manuscript submitted by unpublished writers to HarperCollins will be published. Changes in publishing; Importance of feedback; Quality of the manuscripts; Proposal for a contest allowing any unpublished author access to an editorial read.