The Power Of Oprah Still Helping The Power Of Now
- Oprah's NEW CULT FEARS. // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);5/5/2008, Vol. 60 Issue 18, p14
The article deals with the allegations facing host Oprah Winfrey in relation to her close relationship with New Age author and spiritual advisor Eckhart Tolle. Fox News investigative reporter Roger Friedman says Oprah considers Tolle more important than her schools in Africa and Mississippi for...
- SHELF HELP. // Health & Fitness Magazine;Dec2015, p43
No abstract available.
- "O's Best Advice Ever!". // Washington Informer;10/6/2011, Vol. 46 Issue 99, p27
The article reviews the book "O's Best Advice Ever!," by the editors of O, The Oprah Magazine.
- Life after Oprah: Five things to know, and what to expect. Dumenco, Simon // Crain's Chicago Business;12/7/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 49, p14
The article informs that Oprah Winfrey, the host of a talk show is moving from syndicated broadcast TV to a cable network. The Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) will be replacing the the Discovery Health channel, with its distribution to 70 million homes. Winfrey was an editorial consultant on the...
- Memo Pad. Smith, Stephanie D.; Wicks, Amy // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/9/2008, Vol. 196 Issue 120, p3
The article offers content updates and management of magazines in the U.S. Oprah Winfrey, a television show host, will share her testimony that losing weight through diet and exercise is one way of regaining control of one's life as featured in the "The Oprah Magazine." According to Sam Zell,...
- Oprah's tender takeover of trade paperbacks. M.K.S. // Publishers Weekly;3/23/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 12, p56
Reports on Oprah Winfrey's influence over the mass market trade paperback industry. Chart lists sales to millions.
- Memo Pad. Smith, Stephanie D.; Carmon, Irin // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/3/2008, Vol. 195 Issue 117, p22
The article reports about celebrity Oprah Winfrey's interview with the periodical "Black Enterprise," and the decision of the newspaper "The New York Times" to launch an etiquette column in its supplement "Sunday Style." In the June 2008 issue of "Black Enterprise," Winfrey talked about lessons...
- HOW TO LIVE IN THE NOW. Leser, David // Australian Women's Weekly;Feb2009, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p120
The article focuses on bestselling author and spiritual guru Eckhart Tolle, his teachings and his books. Tolle's biggest selling books in the world include "The Power of Now," published in 1997 and "A New Earth" which has topped best-seller lists across the U.S. His books are endorsed by...
- Eckhart Tolle's message is positive. But is it Christian? Betty, Stafford // National Catholic Reporter;4/18/2008, Vol. 44 Issue 17, p22
The author reflects on the message delivered by author Eckhart Tolle in his books "A New Earth" and "The Power of Now." He analyzes Tolle's recommendations on how people should live their lives in the context of Christianity. Moreover, he agrees with Tolle that every individual should learn to...