Reader's Digest Trade Books Unit Growing Amid Widening Losses
- READER'S DIGEST BY THE NUMBERS. // Publishers Weekly;10/13/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 41, p10
The article presents statistics about Reader's Digest, including its total revenue for year ended June 30, 2008, its operating loss for fiscal 2008 and total book sales in fiscal 2008.
- Reader's Digest Points to Books Are Fun Segment for Lackluster Q3. // Book Publishing Report;6/5/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 21, p3
The article reports on the financial performance of Pleasantville, New York-based Reader's Digest Inc. as of the third quarter ended April 26, 2006. The company reported a revenue of 547 million dollars for its fiscal 2006 third quarter, which is a two percent increase from the same period last...
- RD Focuses on Expansion. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/8/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 45, p10
Reports on the financial performance of publishing house Reader's Digest for the first quarter ended September 30, 2004. Decline in total company sales; Increase in operating losses; Number of copies of "The Reader's Digest World Atlas" which are expected to be sold by fiscal 2006; Books that...
- Reader's Digest earnings. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;9/10/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 13, p24
Reports on the adjusted earnings for fiscal 2001 of Reader's Digest Association Inc. Comparison with fiscal 2000 data.
- RD Chief Ryder Delivers On Profitability Promise, Forecasts Revenue Growth. // Book Publishing Report;08/21/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p1
Reports that Reader's Digest has completed its second consecutive year of operating profit growth in fiscal 2000 and achieved its first yearly revenue increase since 1996.
- RD Recovery Continues. // Publishers Weekly;5/8/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 19, p16
Reports on the earnings of Reader's Digest for the third quarter ended March 31, 2000. Revenues that it generated; What contributed to favorable results; Rate of increase in company sales.
- RD Book Group Off To Strong Start. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/6/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 45, p16
Reports on the total revenues for the first quarter ended September 30, 2000 Reader's Digest (RD) posted. Factor cited by RD for sales increase in its books and home entertainment group; Line of books RD is creating; General book sales.
- U.S. Book Group Up at RD. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/18/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 46, p17
Reports on the profits posted by Reader's Digest's North America Books and Home Entertainment group in the period ended September 30, 2002. Decline in sales; Reason for the division's operating loss.
- RD Book Group Has Another Weak Period. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/4/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 5, p11
Reports on the weak sales posted by Reader's Digest Inc.'s North American Books and Home Entertainment Group in 2001. Factors attributed to the trend; Optimism of recovery for 2002.