Reader's Digest Trade Books Unit Growing Amid Widening Losses
- READER'S DIGEST BY THE NUMBERS. // Publishers Weekly;10/13/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 41, p10
The article presents statistics about Reader's Digest, including its total revenue for year ended June 30, 2008, its operating loss for fiscal 2008 and total book sales in fiscal 2008.
- Reader's Digest Points to Books Are Fun Segment for Lackluster Q3. // Book Publishing Report;6/5/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 21, p3
The article reports on the financial performance of Pleasantville, New York-based Reader's Digest Inc. as of the third quarter ended April 26, 2006. The company reported a revenue of 547 million dollars for its fiscal 2006 third quarter, which is a two percent increase from the same period last...
- RD Focuses on Expansion. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/8/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 45, p10
Reports on the financial performance of publishing house Reader's Digest for the first quarter ended September 30, 2004. Decline in total company sales; Increase in operating losses; Number of copies of "The Reader's Digest World Atlas" which are expected to be sold by fiscal 2006; Books that...
- Reader's Digest Trade Publishing Growth Offsets Declines In 2004. // Book Publishing Report;8/9/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 30, p3
Reports on the financial performance of Reader's Digest Inc. for year 2004 ended June 30. Revenues; Operating income; Licensing deals; Plans of the company to release several children's titles as part of a licensing agreement with NASCAR starting in 2005.
- Reader's Digest Ekes Out 3% Book Revenue Growth In Q3. // Book Publishing Report;5/16/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 19, p4
The article reports that Reader's Digest Association Inc. has reported revenues for its third quarter of the fiscal year 2005. Revenues declined by 2.8% to reach 545 million dollars, down from 561 million dollars for the same period a year ago. Trade book revenues rose by 3% to reach 7 million...
- Ryder Hails Fiscal '04 as Breakthrough Year at RD. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/9/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 32, p110
Reports on the performance of Reader's Digest for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2004. Decline in revenue of the company; Comments from company chairman Tom Ryder about the company's performance; Sales increase in the company's publishing trade division.
- Reader's Digest earnings. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;9/10/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 13, p24
Reports on the adjusted earnings for fiscal 2001 of Reader's Digest Association Inc. Comparison with fiscal 2000 data.
- RD Chief Ryder Delivers On Profitability Promise, Forecasts Revenue Growth. // Book Publishing Report;08/21/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p1
Reports that Reader's Digest has completed its second consecutive year of operating profit growth in fiscal 2000 and achieved its first yearly revenue increase since 1996.
- RD Recovery Continues. // Publishers Weekly;5/8/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 19, p16
Reports on the earnings of Reader's Digest for the third quarter ended March 31, 2000. Revenues that it generated; What contributed to favorable results; Rate of increase in company sales.