Munis Ease on October's Jump in PPI; Traders Cite 'Anemic' Flows
- Market snapshot: Thursday, February 19. // Bond Buyer;02/19/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30582, p2
Presents information related to municipal bonds in the United States as of February 19, 1999. Government securities prices; Municipal bond index; `Bond Buyer' periodical's 30-day visible supply; Producer price indexes.
- Market snapshot: Thursday, October 15. // Bond Buyer;10/16/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30501, p2
Presents data on producer price index and the municipal bond market in the United States, as of October 15, 1998. Includes government securities prices; Municipal bond index.
- Wholesale prices fall again, prompting rally. Patterson, Dean // Bond Buyer;07/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30186, p2
Reports on the sixth straight decline in wholesale prices in the United States which triggered an extension of the bond rally in the Treasury security market on June 11, 1997. Market performance of bonds from July 10; Factors behind the decline in the wholesale price index.
- Surprise Surge in Core PPI Drives Muni, Treasury Prices Downward. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;2/22/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32075, p2
The article reports that the municipal bond market in the U.S. succumbed to selling pressure when an unexpected surge in the core producer price index sparked inflationary worries and pushed tax-exempt and government bond prices lower. At the end of an abbreviated session ahead of the long...
- Municipals, Treasuries Rise After Consumer Data Beats Estimates. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;11/18/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32013, p2
Examines the strong performance of municipal bonds and Treasuries in the United States on November 17, 2004. Rise in municipal bond prices after Treasuries survived consumer price increases; Strong performance of the primary market; Increased bids by participants in the tax-exempt sector; Rise...
- Munis Mixed as November PPI Rises. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;12/14/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32774, p2
The article reports on the mixed performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of November 2007. The market performed well on the short end and poorly on the long end during the period the producer price-index rose more than expected. Trades reported by the Municipal Securities...
- Record-Matching PPI Leads to Firmer Market. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/15/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32509, p2
The article reports on developments in the municipal bond market in the United States. The producer price index registered a record-matching decline of 1.6 percent which resulted to a firmer municipal bond market. The Treasury market showed a 4.75 percent yield on the benchmark 10-year note....
- Treasuries Firm, Munis Move Up In a Quiet, Uneventful Session. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/16/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31948, p2
Reports on developments in the municipal bond market in the U.S. for the period ended August 13, 2004. Weaker-than-expected producer price index report; Speculations that the Fed might not raise its fed funds rate at its meeting in September 2004; Increase in the producer price index in July 2004.
- Municipal Yields Rise in Light Trading. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;12/16/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31533, p2
Reports on a decline in the yields of municipal bonds in the U.S. on December 13, 2002. Reasons for a fall in the yields according to economist at HSBC Securities Inc. Ian Morris; Impact of reduction in auto prices on the overall producer price index.