PPI Jumps 1.7%; Core Rate Gains 0.3%
- Colombia: BanRep Showing Undue Aggression? // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/5/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 29, p12
The article reports that the lagged effects of 350bps worth of Colombia's monetary tightening since April 2006 are finally beginning to bite. The real rate of interest has climbed to 3.70% in September 2007, marking its highest level since 2003. The trend is strongly seen when substituting...
- India: No Monetary Policy Change Expected. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/10/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p7
Reports that the Reserve Bank of India will not change its interest rates in its monetary policy statement for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2005. Wholesale-price index during the week ending April 24, 2004; Total foreign reserves of the bank in 2003.
- The Taiwanese Economy in February 2013. // Taiwan Industrial Trends;Mar2013, p1
The article presents the economic report in Taiwan as of February 2013. It notes that the consumer price index (CPI) increased by 2.97% making the 2013 January-February CPI went up by 2.05% on a year-on-year basis. It mentions that the wholesale price index (WPI) dropped by 2.20%. Moreover,...
- Greenspan scares the market. Andrews, Bruce; Heathcote, Andrew; Roberts, Craig // BRW;2/5/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p10
Reports that the Standard & Poor's 500 index of stocks on the New York Stock Exchange fell 0.9% to 1,131.13 in the week ending January 30, 2004 after U.S. Federal Reserve Board Chairman Alan Greenspan had hinted higher interest rates.
- Analysts: Tame PPI may or may not continue. Nicholson, Jonathan // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p2
Reports on analysts' comments about the favorable producer price index on August 15, 1997.
- PPI Jumps 0.8%; Core Rate Adds 0.5%. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/17/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31763, p2
Reports on the growth of the overall producer price index in the U.S. for October 2003.
- News In Brief: PPI Down 1.6%,Core Off 0.5%. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;11/12/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31263, p2
Reports on the decline in the U.S. producer price index in October 2001. Impact of the continued decreases in energy prices on the index.
- NEWS THIS WEEK: Local. // Finance Week;4/5/2002, p6
Reports developments related to finance in South Africa as of April 2002. Increase of the producer price index; Cooperation agreement between Business SA and the Black Business Council; Cessation of the minting of 1c and 2c coins by the South Africa Reserve Bank.
- Economy screeches to a halt. // Warsaw Business Journal;1/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p21
Reports the reduction of industrial output for December 2001 in Poland. Percentage on the reduced output; Status of the annual Producer Price Index; Factors contributing to the reduced output.