ANALYST: CHARTER L.A. SALE LIKELY
- Back to Basics: Charter Slows Basic Sub Losses. // CableFAX Daily;1/25/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the business performance of Charter in the fourth quarter of 2005. Plan of the company to report the telephony customers it gained; Video subscribers lost by the company; Issuance of notes by Charter as part of its debt restructuring.
- Charter Exits Chapter 11. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;12/7/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 49, p26
This article announces that the Saint Louis, Missouri-based cable television services company Charter Communications has exited Chapter 11 bankruptcy on November 30, 2009. Its debt, through the restructuring of finances, has been reduced by 8 billion U.S. dollars or 40%. The company is now...
- Travelport Alters Plan After Bondholders Object. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;10/3/2011, p19
This article reports on the decision of the travel transaction processing service provider Travelport to make changes to its restructuring plan in 2011. Travelport made the changes to address opposition by bondholders. The company removed a second-lien loan opposed by bondholders, raised the...
- STATION CASINOS OWNERS CONSIDER CASH INFUSION. Knightly, Arnold // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);12/8/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 49, pP20
The article reports on the plan of owners of Station Casinos in Nevada to invest their money into the company to mitigate the impact of the U.S. economic crisis. The measures adopted by the owners include providing loans and conducting a debt exchange to reduce the debt load and other interest...
- Government to Take Control of TPI In Bid to Resolve Debt Dispute. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;7/16/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 25, p12
Reports on the approval of Thai government's proposal to administrate Thai Petrochemical Industry's (TPI) debt restructuring plan by the creditors of TPI. List of the company's creditors; Panel appointed by the finance ministry of Thailand to manage the debt restructuring of the company;...
- Debt modification demystified. Tomlinson, Sanel; Gibbon, Carolyn // Chartered Accountants Journal;Feb2009, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p58
The article reports on the strategies that need to be considered by business enterprises in restructuring their debt in New Zealand. It reveals that debt modification offers challenges to companies, such as identifying the fair value and interest rate of the changed debt and tax liabilities. In...
- Cable TV Operator Refinances Debt. Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;Jun2004, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p58
Reports on the issuance of senior second-lien notes by Charter Communications Inc., the third-largest cable-TV operator in the U.S. Use of the issue in refinancing the debt of certain subsidiaries; Corporate loss in the first quarter of 2004.
- Debt Restructuring and the Politics of Exclusion: A Case Study of the Daewoo Motor Bupyeong Plants in Incheon, South Korea. Yong-Sook Lee // Urban Studies (Routledge);Nov2004, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p2395
This paper examines the politics of inclusion and exclusion in the debt restructuring or the South Korean motor vehicle industry and shows how the contested process of exclusion operates through the politics of forgetting. It focuses on the power relations among multiple actors involved in the...
- Tuntex debt rescue to take up to three years. Tong, Alfred // Asian Chemical News;12/22/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 428, p7
Reports on the progress of a court-mandated debt restructuring program for Tuntex PLC as of December 2003. Reason behind the debt restructuring program; Creditors of the company; Impact of the weakening of Thai baht.