The Obtaining of Transgenic Tomato Plant Producing Chimerical Proteins TBI-HBsAg
- HIV-1-Specific Cytotoxic T Lymphocyte (CTL) Responses Against Immunodominant Optimal Epitopes Slow the Progression of AIDS in China. Song Zhai; Yan Zhuang; Yang Song; Shu Li; Dedong Huang; Wenzhen Kang; Xinhong Li; Qi Liao; Yanhou Liu; Zhongfang Zhao; Yichen Lu; Yongtao Sun // Current HIV Research;Jul2008, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p335
To assess the immunodominance patterns of HIV-1-specific cytotoxic T lymphocyte (CTL) responses and the contribution of these responses against the peptides scanning optimal epitopes in chronic infection, we test the HIV-1-specific CTL responses against a panel of 413 overlapping peptides...
- Retention of the ability to synthesize HIV-1 and HBV antigens in generations of tomato plants transgenic for the TBI-HBS gene. Salyaev, R.; Rekoslavskaya, N.; Stolbikov, A.; Hammond, R.; Shchelkunov, S. // Doklady Biochemistry & Biophysics;Apr2009, Vol. 425 Issue 1, p120
The article presents a study regarding transgenic tomato plants' ability to produce the antigenic polyepitope protein which consists of nine protective epitopes of HIV-1 and the surface antigen of hepatitis B (HB) virus. The study used cultivar Ventura transgenic tomato plants transformed with...
- The Evolutionary Selective Advantage of HIV-1 Escape Variants and the Contribution of Escape to the HLA-Associated Risk of AIDS Progression. Asquith, Becca // PLoS ONE;2008, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p1
HIV-1 escape from surveillance by cytotoxic T lymphocytes (CTL) is thought to cause at least transient weakening of immune control. However, the CTL response is highly adaptable and the long-term consequences of viral escape are not fully understood. The objective of this study was to address...
- HIV Drugs Produced from Goats Show Promise. Choy, Vern; Geursen, Arie // BioPharm International;Jan2004, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p54
Focuses on the effectiveness of HIV drugs extracted from goats developed by Virionyx. Production of antibodies to unique HIV epitopes; Derivation of HIV proteins; Treatment of AIDS patients not responding to medication.
- QUASI analysis of host immune responses to Gag polyproteins of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 by a systematic bioinformatics approach. Binhua Liang; Ma Luo; Ball, T. Blake; Jones, Steven J. M.; Plummer, Francis A. // Biochemistry & Cell Biology;Aug2010, Vol. 88 Issue 4, p671
There is a consensus that Gag-specific cytotoxic T lymphocyte (CTL) response plays a key role in the immune control of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) infection. In this study, we analyzed all currently available gag sequences in the Los Alamos HIV sequence database and identified...
- The CD8 and CD4 T-Cell Response against Kaposi's Sarcoma-Associated Herpesvirus Is Skewed Towards Early and Late Lytic Antigens. Robey, Rebecca C.; Lagos, Dimitrios; Gratrix, Fiona; Henderson, Stephen; Matthews, Nick C.; Vart, Richard J.; Bower, Mark; Boshoff, Chris; Gotch, Frances M. // PLoS ONE;2009, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p1
Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus (KSHV) is causally related to Kaposi's sarcoma (KS), the most common malignancy in untreated individuals with HIV/AIDS. The adaptive T-cell immune response against KSHV has not been fully characterized. To achieve a better understanding of the antigenic...
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 Subtype E Envelope Recombinant Peptides Containing Naturally Immunogenic Epitopes. Chan, Sui-Yuan; Vithayasai, Vicharn; Vithayasai, Prakong; Essex, Max; Lee, Tun-Hou // Journal of Infectious Diseases;8/1/2000, Vol. 182 Issue 2
Analyzes the human immunodeficiency virus type 1 subtype E envelope recombinant peptides containing naturally immunogenic epitopes. Reaction of five recombinant peptides; Presence of immunogenic epitopes in the V2 region; Location of continuous epitopes in analogous regions of the envelope.
- Phage display of peptide epitopes from HIV-1 elicits strong cytolytic responses. De Berardinis, Piergiuseppe; Sartorius, Rossella; Fanutti, Cristina; Perham, Richard N.; Del Pozzo, Giovanna; Guardiola, John // Nature Biotechnology;Aug2000, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p873
Although much effort has been expended on evaluating recombinant proteins and synthetic peptides as immunogens, they have generally proved incapable of inducing an efficient cytotoxic T-cell (CTL) response. Filamentous bacteriophage fd can display multiple copies of foreign peptides in the...
- Construction of SHIVs expressing quaternary neutralization epitopes in Env and mimicking the neutralization phenotype of typical HIV-1 isolates. Theis, J. F.; de Parseval, A.; Honnen, W. J.; Phogat, A.; Ganapathi, U. C.; Lai, Z.; Peng, L.; Reichman, C.; Moore, P. L.; Morris, L.; Li, Y.; Hu, S.; Pinter, A. // Retrovirology;2012 Supplement, Vol. 9 Issue Suppl 2, p1
An abstract of the conference paper "Construction of SHIVs Expressing Quaternary Neutralization Epitopes in Env and Mimicking the Neutralization Phenotype of Typical HIV-1 Isolates," by J.F. Theis and colleagues is presented.