Honorees' absences illustrate point
- The Party of the Year. Hoyt, Michael // Columbia Journalism Review;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p29
Highlights the tenth annual International Press Freedom Awards dinner which was held in New York City on November 21, 2000. Objective of the dinner; Background information on how the Committee to Protect Journalists formed the annual event; Accomplishments of four journalists who are given the...
- Deloitte & Touche Awards. // Business Quarterly;Autumn91, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p8
Features the recipients of the 1990-91 Deloitte & Touche Awards for business journalism. Includes the late Harold Crookel and professor Allen Morrison of the Western Business School for the best article published in `Business Quarterly'; Special Award of Merit for John S. McCallum, chairman of...
- The Maria Moors Cabot award. Goodsell, James Nelson // North-South: The Magazine of the Americas;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p38
Presents the winners of the 1994 Maria Moors Cabot Award. Profile of the winners which include Patricia Verdugo, Edward Seaton, Vicky Sanchez, George Rupp, Pamela Constable and Colin Murray; Selection of winners; Nature and purpose of the award.
- FOI/Sunshine awards presented. // Quill;Dec97, Vol. 85 Issue 10, p34
Profiles Freedom of Information/Sunshine awardees honored during the 1997 Pulliam Editorial Fellowship banquet. Includes Cynthia Jeffries, reporter for the `Delta Democrat Times' in Mississippi; Gary Cohn and Ginger Thompson of `The Baltimore Sun'; Brechner Center for Freedom of Information.
- Mich. journalists honored. // Editor & Publisher;03/29/97, Vol. 130 Issue 13, p12
Reveals the names of five journalists to be inducted in the 1997 Michigan Journalism Hall of Fame.
- NNPA and MillerCoors announce the 2010 MillerCoors A. Philip Randolph Messenger Awards winners. // New York Amsterdam News;7/1/2010, Vol. 100 Issue 27, p15
The article reports on the continuation of the 20-year partnership of MillerCoors and the National Newspaper Publishers Association (NNPA) to present the 2010 A. Philip Randolph Messenger Awards in New York City.
- Columbia dubs the knights of media. // MediaWeek;6/5/95, Vol. 5 Issue 23, p32
Lists the nine most influential media critics named in the May 1995 issue of the `Media Studies Journal,' a Columbia University publication. Includes Jonathan Alter of `Newsweek'; Ken Auletta of `The New Yorker'; Jeff Greenfield of ABC News.
- Feature people receive awards. // Editor & Publisher;03/14/98, Vol. 131 Issue 11, p49
Names several newspaper columnists who were honored by the National Press Foundation in 1998. Includes Carol Rowan and Bob Gorrell, recipient of the Distinguished Contributions to Journalism Award.
- About awards. // Editor & Publisher;9/30/95, Vol. 128 Issue 39, p2
Provides information on various awards presented to journalists in the United States for the period ended September 1995. Includes Korn/Ferry International Journalism Award presented to newspaper `San Francisco Chronicle' reporters John Stewarr and Edward Epstein; Gramling Reporter Award...