Metasedimentary Rocks of the Lapland—Kolvitsa Granulite Belt of the Baltic Shield: Primary Mineral Composition and Petrogeochemistry
- Organic geochemistry of Oxfordian carbon-rich sedimentary rocks of the Russian plate. Bushnev, D.; Shchepetova, E.; Lyyurov, S. // Lithology & Mineral Resources;Sep2006, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p423
The lithology and geochemistry of upper Oxfordian sedimentary rocks enriched in marine organic matter (OM) have been studied. These rocks occur as a persistent unit of Upper Jurassic rocks exposed on the right bank of the Unzha River in the Kostroma district. The OM was investigated in detail in...
- SEDIMENTOLOGY: HISTORY IN JAPAN. Okada, Hakuya // Encyclopedia of Sediments & Sedimentary Rocks;2003, p635
Presents an overview of the history of the development of sedimentology in Japan. Stages in which the history of the development of sedimentology in the country can be divided; Establishment of modern science and technology in Japan; Growth and popularity of the new discipline of sedimentology;...
- MÃ‰LANGE; MELANGE. Waldron, John W. F. // Encyclopedia of Sediments & Sedimentary Rocks;2003, p434
Presents information on mÃ©lange, spelled melange in the English language. Definitions of mÃ©lange; Categories of the proposed origins of mÃ©lange; Features and origins of blocks.
- Metasedimentary rocks of the paleoarchean Dniester-Bug Group, Ukrainian Shield: Composition, age, and sources. Lobach-Zhuchenko, S.; Balagansky, V.; Baltybaev, Sh.; Artemenko, G.; Bogomolov, E.; Yurchenko, A.; Stepanyuk, L.; Sukach, V. // Lithology & Mineral Resources;Sep2014, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p381
Paleoarchean granulite-facies metasedimentary rocks (quartzites, garnet quartzites, garnet-pyroxene gneisses, pyroxene-magnetite and magnetite quartzites) attributed to the Dniester-Bug Group of the Ukrainian Shield were studied. On the basis of geochemical data, including REE, the primary...
- COLORS OF SEDIMENTARY ROCKS. Myrow, Paul // Encyclopedia of Sediments & Sedimentary Rocks;2003, p159
Presents information on the colors of sedimentary rocks. Factors that influenced the colors of sedimentary rocks; Minerals that produce various coloration in sedimentary rocks.
- PARTING LINEATIONS AND CURRENT CRESCENTS. Cheel, Rick // Encyclopedia of Sediments & Sedimentary Rocks;2003, p512
Presents information on parting lineations and current crescents. Uses of parting lineations and current crescents structures; Components of parting lineations; Factors which affect the size of current cresents.
- PHOSPHORITES. Glenn, Craig R.; Garrison, Robert E. // Encyclopedia of Sediments & Sedimentary Rocks;2003, p519
Provides information on phosphorites which are rocks enriched in phosphorus relative to average crustal abundances. Reason for the initial interest in phosphorites; Main mineral in phosphorites; Discussion on phosphogenesis; Types of phosphate particles and concentration process; Classification...
- SEDIMENTOLOGY--ORGANIZATIONS, MEETINGS, PUBLICATIONS. Ashley, Gail M. // Encyclopedia of Sediments & Sedimentary Rocks;2003, p637
Presents information on scientific organizations, meetings and publications related to sedimentology. Regional societies dedicated to sedimentology and sedimentary rocks in various countries; Publication of journals dedicated to sedimentology.
- Lithogenesis types and their modern interpretations. Kholodov, V. N. // Lithology & Mineral Resources;Nov2010, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p519
Based on the comparison of early and late works by academician N.M. Strakhov, typification of lithogenesis, which covers the entire recent sedimentation on continents and in the oceanic segment of the Earth, is proposed. It is shown that early stages of sedimentogenesis play a decisive role in...