Why American Soldiers in Russia?
- Infantry brigade combat team modernization. // Soldiers;Jan2011, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p10
The article discusses the modernization strategy of the U.S. Army's infantry brigade combat team (BCT). To meet the challenges of the present battle situation, the BCT designed a strategy that will supply soldiers the best military technology available from their research and development base....
- A THERMAL EDUCATION: THERMAL WEAPON SIGHT, NET, AND DO-IT-YOURSELF THERMAL TARGETS. // Infantry;Jul-Sep2014, Vol. 103 Issue 3, p41
The article discusses the lightweight AN/PAS-13 Thermal Weapon Sight (TWS) of the U.S. Army. This weapon is recognized for giving soldiers the ability to spot and engage even a well-camouflaged enemy night or day through dust, smoke, or fog. Also provided are step-by-step instructions for making...
- New Sniper System Designed for Urban Fight. // Infantry;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 97 Issue 1, p3
This article reports that U.S. soldiers deploying have just received a weapon that will dramatically improve sniper operations. The new M110 Semi-Automatic Sniper System (SASS), approved for full materiel release in August, is now in the hands of snipers from Fort Polk, Louisiana. The...
- Modernizing and equipping the force. // Soldiers;Jan2011, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p4
The article highlights the modernization program of the U.S. Army which aims to provide soldiers with the best equipment that would help them succeed in their missions.
- The Soldier is the Network. McCarthy, Jack // InfoWorld;6/2/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p56
Focuses on military technology for the U.S. Army soldiers. Features of the Integrated Helmet Assembly Subsystem; Details on the Thermal Weapon Sights; Development of sensors for detecting biohazards.
- WEAPON, EQUIPMENT FEEDBACK NEEDED. // Infantry;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 98 Issue 2, p2
The article reports on the online survey system launched by the Program Executive Office (PEO) Soldier of the U.S. Army in an effort to support its mission to aggressively incorporate the feedback of soldiers into everything it does. The surveys, available through the web site...
- Rapid Reaction. Peters, Katherine McIntire // Government Executive;Nov2006, Vol. 38 Issue 19, p27
The article reports that under the Rapid Fielding Initiative program, the U.S. Army provides vital equipment to the U.S. soldiers much faster. By the end of September 2006, the program had distributed more than 750,000 kits to soldiers. The kits contained everything ranging from boots to...
- New precision mortar headed to Afghanistan. Osborn, Kris // Soldiers;May2011, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p27
The article reports on the Accelerated Precision Mortar Initiative (APMI) precision rounds that will soon be delivered to the U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan, the first to get the first-of-its-kind, Global Positioning System (GPS)-guided, 120 millimeter mortar munition that can hit targets at...
- The Joystick Commando. Keats, Jonathan // Popular Science;May2005, Vol. 266 Issue 5, p34
Presents information on the Special Weapons Observation Reconnaissance Direct-action System combat robot to be used by U.S. soldiers in Iraq. Features of the system; Value of the robot.