INNOVATIVE MANAGERS, INNOVATIVE EMPLOYEES
- Motivation and behaviour-a personal view. Kempner, Thomas // Journal of General Management;Autumn83, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p51
Can one be over-sophisticated in studying what motivates people? In this brief guide for managers to some of the main lines of enquiry the Principal of Henley presents a straightforward, personal view. He argues that management is essentially a pragmatic and practical art, and many different...
- Study hall. // Industrial Engineer: IE;Feb2004, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p53
The article focuses on various articles related to assessment of and perfection in management, published in the November/December 2003 issue of the journal "Industrial Management." In the article "Leading with Responsibility," David Antonioni isolates the four primary levels of employee...
- The Causes of Management Conflict. Stephenson, T. E. // California Management Review;Winter60, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p90
The article explores the causes of management conflict. Some sources of conflict within the structure of management are considered, such as resentment that may arise towards certain types of authority, vague jurisdiction within the organizational structure, and conflicts between different levels...
- Chapter 6: LEADERSHIP. O'Connor, Carol // Analyse Your Business -- A Performance Health Check;7/30/1998, p38
This chapter explores leadership as an essential for management health. Leaders set the relationship tone within the firm. If the example they set is poor, then this inhibits the possibility of team work and cooperation. Their attitudes also impact morale and motivation. Although leadership...
- THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN MANAGERS' LEADERSHIP STYLES AND MOTIVATION. Buble, Mario; Juras, Ana; Matić, Ivan // Management: Journal of Contemporary Management Issues;Jun2014, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p161
The relationship between leadership styles, which managers practice, and their motivation, which drives them in accomplishing their organizational goals, is analyzed in this paper. For this purpose, on the sample of 40 Croatian managers, it is determined which is the dominant leadership style...
- Prompt staffers to think for themselves. // Communication Briefings;Jul2013, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p2
The article discusses the use of a well-placed pause to allow employees generate their own ideas and solve their problems, adapted from the blog "Pause for Effectiveness: 9 Powerful Times to Pause," by Karin Hurt.
- Using five motivational gems for a brilliant performance. Clark, Scott // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);01/29/99, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p7C
Focuses on the key points for ensuring job motivation among workers. Honesty with employees; Ability to give recognition where it is due; Necessity of tools and materials for employees' growth; Creation of problem-solving teams; Importance of showing support to employees' initiatives. INSET:...
- DR. HAROLD C. WHITE'S REPLY. // Industrial Management;May73, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p10
Replies to the management function of managers. Implementation of incentives program to motivate employees; Enhancement of appropriate authority relationships; Effectiveness of managerial skills.
- Staying the Course in Uncharted Territory. Maus, Deborah // Association Management;Aug2000, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p104
Discusses strategies for minimizing the impact of an unexpected absence or departure of a chief staff executive. Leadership motivation for the board officers; Development of membership programs and services; How to build a circle of industry colleagues.