THE ROLE OF PROTECTION
- Abstracts. // Atlantic Economic Journal;Mar1990, Vol. 18 Issue 1, Number 1 p63
Presents an abstract of the article `The International Monetary System, Developing Countries, and Centrally Planned Economies,' by Stanly J. Lawson and Igor M. Tomic.
- OPERATIONS RESEARCH IN NATIONAL PLANNING OF UNDERDEVELOPED COUNTRIES. Hanssmann, Fred // Operations Research;Mar61, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p230
The problem of allocation of resources in development planning is treated in the form of a project-selection problem The main features of the approach are (a) It provides for technological feasibility of the development program and satisfies the demand for final consumption (at given prices) at...
- INDUSTRIAL COOPERATIVES UNDER THE FIFTH FIVE-YEAR PLAN. Rev, Lajos // Eastern European Economics;Summer78, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p81
Focuses on the status of industrial cooperatives under the fourth five-year economic plan in Hungary. Development experiences of industrial cooperatives; Identification of tasks under the economic plan.
- Planning for a New Economic Order. Barraclough, Geoffrey // Management Review;Jul76, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p10
Recommends strategies for planning for a new economic order. Ways for planning in a changing environment; Prospects for an economic order; Economic trends in advanced industrial societies; Implications for economic developments and industrialization.
- National Development Planning Revisited. Ackoff, Russell L. // Operations Research;Mar/Apr77, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p207
We argue that the principal obstructions to national development of less-than-well-developed countries are cultural, not economic or technological. Furthermore, such countries tend to mistake activity for change, and self-imposed constraints for ones that are externally imposed. We propose...
- Investigating the Mental Health of the Staff Working in Petrochemical Company of Ilam. Kheirollahipour, Mahin; Mami, Shahram // European Online Journal of Natural & Social Sciences;2014, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p337
Based on the census of the World Health Organization the prevalence of mental disorders is increasing in developing countries, while in the social and economic planning the lowest attention is conferred upon these disorders. Hence a research with the objective to investigate the mental health of...
- The Challenge of Capacity Development: Working Towards Good Practice. // OECD DAC Journal on Development;2007, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p233
This report draws on four decades of documented experience provided by both bilateral and multilateral donors, as well as academic specialists, to help policy makers and practitioners think through effective approaches to capacity development and what challenges remain in the drive to boost...
- BUILDING NEW ZEALAND'S COMPETITIVENESS. Caughey, Tony // University of Auckland Business Review;Spring2012, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p6
The article offers the author's insights on the Economic Development Strategy (EDS) of the government of Auckland, New Zealand which was launched in September 2012. The author mentions that EDS is long way ahead of the Business Growth Agenda (BGA) program of the government, associating the lack...
- Unrest in world markets is spur to planning: Kennedy. // Marketing News;12/29/1978, Vol. 12 Issue 13, p8
The article discusses the importance of planning to the stability of the world market. Developing countries are more interested in creating jobs than profits, they trade their products for foreign exchange and are more interested in pleasing the comrades than their stockholders. Planning is...