ROBOTS TO THE RESCUE
- Japan and U.S. Duel in Robotics. Loofbourrow, Tod // Harvard International Review;Nov1980, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p14
The article focuses on the competition of Japan and the U.S. in the enhancement of the emerging industrial robot industry. The industrial robots tend to provide way in the search for greater productivity. Japanese firms improved in productivity and managed to cope with the worker displacement...
- THIS WEEK IN... 1975. Excell, Jon // Engineer (00137758);3/9/2009, Vol. 294 Issue 7767, p66
The article offers information on the production of industrial robots for automotive production in the mid-1980s in Great Britain. The production of industrial robotics were expanded upto 1978 with technical improvements in programmable robots with output of 40-50 units. The cost of production...
- ROBOTS: NEW FACES ON THE PRODUCTION LINE. Remick, Carl // Management Review;May79, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p24
Discusses the use of industrial robots. General Motors Corp.'s utilization of PUMA, short for Programmable Universal Machine for Assembly; Effect on human jobs; Role of robot 'attendant' or supervisor; Need to boost labor productivity. INSET: Automatons are all around.
- Robotic tool changer can boost spot-welding productivity. Little, Robert // Industrial Maintenance & Plant Operation;Jan2000, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p12
Focuses on the positive impact of industrial robot changers in increasing spot-welding productivity. Description of the modules comprising robotic changers; Functions of the robots allowing more flexibility for welding operations.
- Design and Research of Industrial Robot Control base on CNC platform. Fei GAO; Xiangdong GUO; Wensheng-XIA // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 614, p188
In the pipeline for connecting rod body and the rod bushing assembly processes, still using manual complete, so the labor intensity is relatively large, the production efficiency is low. With the rapid development of CNC technology, digital technology is moving towards high-precision,...
- Simpler robots could revolutionize industry. Baker, Andrea // Design News;9/26/94, Vol. 50 Issue 18, p13
Reports on a low-cost robotic system called the intelligent integrated belt manipulator. Mechanical accuracy; Benefits of its use of pneumatic actuators and photo-electric detectors.
- Technofile. // New Scientist;01/15/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 2221, p11
Reports on developments related to technology as of January 15, 2000. Includes Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based Carnegie Mellon University scientists' development of a robot nurse; DaimlerChrysler's introduction of industrial robots with brains that evolve.
- Assessing beverage robotics. KOSS, JOHN PETER // Beverage Industry;Sep2015, Vol. 106 Issue 9, p74
The article examines the various concepts and designs of robotics and robots developed and applied in many industries. The utilization of robotics in automotive industry that requires labor/time reduction and increased productivity is noted. It also explains how the beverage industry aligned...
- Japan's robot strategy. // Asian Pacific Post;6/26/2014, p23
The article reports on the plans of the government of Japan to distribute subsidies to promote the manufacture of affordable robots to address the labour shortage issue and to increase productivity.