NO SOFT OPTIONS
- NEWS FROM IEDC. // Economic Development Journal;Winter2010, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p32
The article presents issues related to the International Economic Development Council (IEDC). On June 6-8, 2010 IEDC will showcase a new technical conference in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. The IEDC is releasing a multi-faceted report on economic development strategies that leads to quality job...
- SEEING THE forest for the trees. MCCORD, MICHAEL // New Hampshire Business Review;7/1/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 13, p1
The article focuses on how the U.S. Weeks Act, passed by then U.S. President William Howard Taft in March 1911, helped in regenerating the White Mountain National Forest, located in New Hampshire and Maine, and in economic development of the region. A new report by the state Division of Forests...
- MEMBERS OF HOUSE ENERGY ACTION TEAM PARTICIPATE IN ENERGY AND JOBS TOUR. // TIPRO Target Newsletter;5/31/2012, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p2
The article focuses on the 2012 American Energy and Jobs Tour event held in Texas on May 24, 2012 which aimed at increasing economic growth and creating jobs in the state.
- Economic freedom, not government favoritism, brings jobs. Carrington // Grand Rapids Business Journal;01/03/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p4
Focuses on common myths about economic development that should be dispensed in order to implement the `fair field and no favors' approach in serving businesses. Creation of jobs by the government; Companies' acceptance of tax credits or subsidies to locate or expand in Michigan to prove that...
- Job creation: A classic win-win situation. Mickelson, George // Fedgazette;Oct91, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p14
Presents the South Dakota's involvement in economic development by using the taxpayers dollar in helping companies create jobs. Economic development strategies set by the author in 1987 as the governor of the state; Percentage increase of South Dakota's manufacturing jobs compared to that of the...
- Business is better for women in Texas. // Wilson County News;5/21/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 21, p8A
The article focuses on the report released by the American Express Co. which shows that Texas is one of the best states in the nation in terms of job creation and economic success.
- My plans for the first 180 days if you elect me mayor. ROTHSCHILD, JONATHAN // Inside Tucson Business;8/12/2011, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p22
In this article, the author discusses the his plans for Tucson, Arizona if he is elected as its mayor, which include jobs and economic development in the city, an open city government, and a leader in solar energy and water conservation.
- Rx for city and county goverments: New attitudes. Varney, Mike // Inside Tucson Business;8/10/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 63, p29
In this article, the author discusses about Arizona's Tucson Metro Chamber's mission of promoting stronger local economy and creating more jobs in the region.
- Tinkering with jobs, courting disaster. Rowen, Hobart // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/9/93, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p1C
Opinion. Comments on the relationship of economic growth to job creation. Impact of technological innovations on hiring of employees; Need for a surge in demand; Economic recovery through deficit reduction; Demand for skilled workers; Outlook on unemployment in the United States and Europe;...