A Practitioner's View of the LBO
- Resets: proceed with caution. Kavanagh, John // BRW;4/17/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p40
Reports on the popularity of the financial instrument, reset preference share which is used by the Bank of Queensland to raise capital. Fixed yield of the debt-equity security; Terms of using the reset preference share; Sustainability and threats with the use of the reset preference shares;...
- The Impact of LBO Financing on Bank Returns. Perumpral, Shalini; Nilanjan Sen; Noronha, Gregory // American Business Review;Jan2002, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p1
Examines the impact of leveraged buyout (LBO) financing on bank returns in New York. Deregulation of financial services industry; Risk in LBO loans; Disapproval of stockholders to the loans.
- Recovery time. Drucker, Vanessa // Fund Strategy;10/8/2007, p24
The article presents an analysis on the decline and recovery of the subprime mortgage market in Great Britain. It declined as mortgage originators closed shop with banks reporting their losses and purchase of securities were backed by complex financial instruments and insurance companies without...
- Enlisting on-call experts in the buyout process. Thorpe, David L. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p34
Presents information on LBO companies while focusing on the assistance of interim and projects managers to the companies. Role of contract and interim managers; Details on the usage of interim and project managers by LBO companies; Benefits of interim management.
- The twin towers of a successful build-up project. Griffith, Peter H. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p30
Reports on leverage build-up companies with reference to the skills and personalities of the chief executive officer (CEO) and the chief operating officer (COO). Details on the types of persons needed at the top level management at a platform company; Role of the CEO and COO; Information on...
- Deeper pockets boost Wells LBOs. // ABA Banking Journal;Aug87, Vol. 79 Issue 8, p82
Focuses on the importance of leveraged buyouts in the banking industry. Views of John E. Lindstedt, senior vice president of Wells Fargo Bank, on leveraged buyouts; Protection of the bank; Management of cash flows.
- Bank competition reduces the pricing on big LBO loans. Goldblatt, Jennifer // American Banker;10/25/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 206, p1
Focuses on the impact of bank competition on pricing of major leveraged buyout (LBO) loans. Value of loan granted to Hicks, Muse, Tate & Furst for the purchase of Newsquest Media Group; Value of Westminster Press buyout loan; Contributing factors affecting price of LBO.
- Banks are offering more levers for LBOs. Goldblatt, Jennifer // American Banker;7/21/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 138, p22
Reports on efforts by American banks to expand services to leveraged buyout (LBO) firms. Factors that make buyout firms ready consumers for one-stop financial services shopping; Leadership of Bankers Trust New York Corp. and Chase Manhattan Corp. in LBO servicing; Drawbacks of securities firms...
- LEVERAGED BUYOUTS: THE WASHINGTON DEBATE. Spooner, Gilian // USA Today Magazine;Nov90, Vol. 119 Issue 2546, p22
Focuses on the Congressional debate concerning leveraged buyouts in the United States. Erosion of tax base; Safety and soundness of the banking system; Security of private pension system; Integrity of the securities market; Corporate governance; Corporation's emphasis on short-term profits...