HOW PR CAN HELP DEFEND THE CORPORATE RAMPARTS
- The LBO Market. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Feb2003, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p49
Presents information on the leveraged buyout (LBO) market. Number of LBO deals from 1993 to 1992; Top 25 business enterprises involved in LBO in 2002; Reverse leveraged buyouts in 2002.
- Public companies mostly sidestep touchy proxy issues. Roush, Matt // Crain's Detroit Business;05/22/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p15
Reports on public companies' avoiding of proxy issues in Detroit, Michigan. Environmental and social performance of companies; Revision of proxy rules.
- TRANSITIONING Toward A Global LBO Market. Pappalardo, Armanno Andrea // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Nov2002, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p29
Analyzes the parallels between the U.S. and European leveraged buyout (LBO) markets. Approaches adopted by U.S. LBO firms toward industry specialization; Alternative approaches adopted by firms to develop in-house top management expertise; Examples of LBO transactions in which specialization...
- Planning a leveraged transaction? Make sure you can survive the sale. Collins, Kevin; Hirschhorn, Warren // NACD Directorship;Mar1996, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p12
Focuses on the implications of fraudulent conveyance laws for a company that is considering a leveraged transaction. State statutes dealing with fraudulent conveyances. Tests of the financial condition of the company that intends to sell; Capital adequacy analysis; Factors to consider in...
- When anger breaks out in the boardroom. Salomon, Richard // Directors & Boards;2007 1st Quarter, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p34
The article discusses the possible specification on using anger as the negotiation tool on business deals. These include on knowing the opponents concerns and how the latter interpreted it as negative; always remember the ultimate goal and that is to close the deal not to destroy the...
- Credit Reforms Likely to Boost Imports. // Export Today's Global Business;Feb2000, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p10
Reports that the Central Bank in Brazil has eliminated a minimum financing requirement, making it easier for companies to finance trade and access foreign loans. Financial operations tax that the companies will still have to pay.
- ORGANIZATIONAL RESTRUCTURING AND ECONOMIC PERFORMANCE IN LEVERAGED BUYOUTS: AN EX POST STUDY. PHAN, PHILLIP H.; HILL, CHARLES W. L. // Academy of Management Journal;Jun95, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p704
This article reports the results of an ex post study of the effects of leveraged buyouts (LBOs) upon the goals, strategy, structure, and performance of firms. Our study was designed to test arguments that can be logically derived from agency theory. We used a survey to collect data on pre- and...
- Hercules Financials. // Perfumer & Flavorist;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p12
Reports on the financial performance of Hercules Inc. for the second quarter of 2003. Percent increase in net sales; Comparison with figures of 2002 for the same period; Hercules' filing of a preliminary proxy statement with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Corporate growth and industrial structures: some evidence from the Italian manufacturing industry. Bottazzi, Giulio; Cefis, Elena; Dosi, Giovanni // Industrial & Corporate Change;Aug2002, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p705
This work analyses the properties of corporate growth in a large longitudinal sample of Italian manufacturing firms. In particular, it focuses on the statistical properties of growth rates and on the influence of proxies for relative efficiency upon relative growth. In line with previous work,...