A DISTORTED IMAGE?
- EDITOR'S DESK. Gilman, Hank // Fortune;8/9/2004, Vol. 150 Issue 3, p20
Presents an editorial from the Deputy Managing Editor of "FORTUNE" magazine. Focus on senior writer Betsy Morris, who wrote the cover story on California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger; Morris' reporting skills and persistence as a journalist.
- BORING FROM WITHIN THE BOURGEOIS PRESS: PART TWO. MacDougall, A. Kent // Monthly Review: An Independent Socialist Magazine;Dec88, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p10
The author reflects on his work for the "Los Angeles Times," working as a special business writer, which served as his return to newspaper reporting. He says he, along with several other special writers, were hired about the same time to create a stir and help win the newspaper national...
- Filho da Rua: jornalismo etnogrÃ¡fico ou reportagem de ideias? Seibt, Taís // Verso e Reverso;mai-ago2013, Vol. 27 Issue 65, p102
This paper aims to discuss the newspaper report "Filho da Rua" (son of the street) published in June 2012 by the newspaper Zero Hora, Rio Grande do Sul, and Esso Prize winner for Reporting in 2012, using the concepts of "ideas journalism", from Michel Foucault, and "ethnographic journalism",...
- A COMPARISON OF THE READABILITY OF NEWSPAPER COLUMNS WRITTEN BY NATIONAL JOURNALISM AWARD WINNERS. Rollins, M. Wayne; Lewis, Stephen D. // Journal of Organizational Culture, Communications & Conflict;2013, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p149
Multiple factors contribute to the readability of printed documents. Although font size and style, formatting/layout, and writing style may affect reader comprehension, readability formulas typically use other more measureable factors such as sentence length and number of multi-syllable words to...
- Business and the News Media: The Paradox of Informed Misunderstanding. Sethi, S. Prakash // California Management Review;Spring77, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p52
Business has long been affected adversely by public misinformation. In this article, the author surveys the opinions of various business leaders and media representatives regarding the treatment of business in the media and proposes establishment of a National Council of Public Information. This...
- Managing Your Media Risk. DeMartine, Karen // Risk Management (00355593);Sep2005, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p40
This article outlines several guidelines for executives to leverage media opportunities for their benefit and gain positive coverage for the company. To be an effective communicator, one needs to know his audience. It is fine to ask reporters in advance what topics they want to cover in an...
- Business and Economic News in Pennsylvania Daily Newspapers. Rippey, John N. // Journalism Quarterly;Spring78, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p130
Discusses the reporting of business and economic stories by daily newspapers in Pennsylvania. Hindrances to adequate business and economic news coverage; Dependence of newspapers on public relation sources for business and economic news; Advertiser influence on business news.
- THE -ISM SCHISM. McElligott, Tim // Telephony;2/25/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 8, p30
Stresses the need for journalists to choose the appropriate words for a news story. Responsibilities of journalists; Difference between the writing procedure of print and television journalists.
- At Unity '99 the Topic Was Journalism. Fulwood III, Sam // Nieman Reports;Fall99, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p79
Presents news regarding journalism as of September 1999. Information on the journalism topic in the Unity 1999 conference; Update on some reporters.