AN UNEASY BALANCE
- Writer's Notebook Bringing Quotes to Life. Gable, Tom // Public Relations Quarterly;Spring2001, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p46
The article reports on the impact of the irrational use of jargon in technology company news releases on media and public relations practitioners in the U.S. Agencies wrote about using the Jargonator at www.jargonfreeweb.com to test news releases for jargon content before sending to the client...
- Using the media to your benefit. Perry, Phillip M. // American Nurseryman;05/15/97, Vol. 185 Issue 10, p65
Provides pointers on how to write an effective press release for a horticulture business. Importance of using a dramatic message to capture the attention of the editor; Use of a snappy headline; Structure of the press release. INSETS: How to score points with the media.;Guides to effective...
- Diversify business. // Quill;Apr96, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p7
Reports that newspaper companies in the United States are moving into non-print businesses.
- HOW TO BUILD A MEDIA PROFILE. Garrett, Alexander // Management Today;Jun2001, p94
Offers tips for business owners on how to write press releases. Tips on establishing relationship with journalists; Setting the company's publicity objectives; Identification of the target for publicity.
- How are you working the press? Harris, Kaisha // ABA Banking Journal;Feb2003, Vol. 95 Issue 2, p10
The news media represents an outlet to talk about what is important about your bank. Last September, at the ABA Marketing Conference, Suzanne Bates, CEO and President of Bates Communications, Inc., Wellesley, Mass., and a former journalist, conducted a workshop called 'Media 101:Using the media...
- Are Journalists a New Class? Rothman, Stanley; Lichter, S. Robert // Business Forum;Spring83, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p12
Deals with the effects of the changing trends in journalism on businesses in the United States. Factors that contributed to the growing animosity between executives and journalists; Implication of the press' relationship with businesses on the economy of the country.
- When the Big, Breaking Story Is Completely Made Up. Mont, Joe // Compliance Week;Feb2013, Vol. 10 Issue 109, p32
The article discusses the increasing problem on fake press releases and its impact on the reputation of companies in the U.S. The author mentions that false press releases damage the reputation of a company, as well as bring potential harm to investors. He tackles the need to address the false...
- More Than a Social Virtue: Public Trust Among Organizations' Most Valuable Assets. // Communication World;Apr/May2003, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p10
This article reports on 'Public Relations Coalition Summit,' on restoring public trust in corporate America that was held in January 2003 at Fairleigh Dickinson University in Teaneck, New Jersey. The summit examined three specific aspects of trust and they are ethics, disclosure and...
- BUSINESS News. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jan2005, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p10
The article presents news related to various companies in the United States. Over 200 security industry executives and investors converged in New York City for the 9th Annual Securing New Ground Conference. The conference brought high-level industry leaders together with investors to cultivate...