A MEXICAN PROGRAM FOR PAYMENT OF DOLLAR LIABILITIES
- Error Correction Exchange Rate Modeling: Evidence for Mexico. Fullerton Jr., Thomas M.; Hattori, Miwa; Calderon, Cuauhtemoc // Journal of Economics & Finance;Fall2001, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p358
A set of error correction models are proposed for the nominal exchange rate between the Mexican peso and the United States dollar. The basic theoretical frameworks utilize balance of payments and monetary constructs. Empirical estimation results are fairly weak for both specifications...
- MARKET MONITOR. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/9/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 41, p19
Presents a chart of foreign exchange market data as of February 9, 2004. Foreign exchange rates of the Mexican peso and the Hong Kong dollar; Valuation of the Chinese yuan and the Philippine peso.
- Mexican Peso: Keeping The Faith. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/23/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p9
The article predicts a medium-term support of the Mexican peso (MXN) at 11.80 MXN per U.S. dollar level, despite a lower-than-forecast economic growth.
- Latin America Asset Class Strategy. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/20/2012, Vol. 17 Issue 44, p11
The article discusses the asset class strategy for Latin America. The Mexican peso, the Colombian peso and the Brazilian real have outperformed all other currencies in the region. There is a likelihood of a short-term sell-off in regional foreign exchange (FX) against the U.S. dollar. Meanwhile,...
- THE AMERICAS. // Global Finance;Aug2000, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p4
Presents updates related to foreign exchange trading in the Americas as of August 2000. Increase in the value of the Mexican Peso; Forecast on the increase in the value of the Canadian currency.
- Gradual Depreciation Likely. // Latin America Financial Alert;1/6/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 16, p4
Presents a forecast on the performance of the Mexican peso in the foreign exchange market in 2003. Effect of oil prices on the Mexican peso; Background on the dollar exchange rate for the Mexican peso; Details on the restrictive policy of the central bank regarding capital flows.
- Temporary Recovery After Initial Losses. // Emerging Markets Monitor;3/3/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 44, p10
Forecasts the foreign currency exchange performance of the Mexican peso, according to Business Monitor International as of March 2003. Effect of uncertainties in Iraq on peso stability; Factors to consider to boost market confidence; Details of long-term investment concerns in relation to...
- Mexico: Peso Shaping Up For A Break. // Emerging Markets Monitor;10/19/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p10
The article discusses the resilience of the Mexican peso against the U.S. dollar. It states that while the Mexican peso have been slow of late, its technical aspect offers some optimism that it will return to the key MXN12.70/U.S. dollar level. It stresses the constructive stance towards the...
- MARKET FORECAST: NAFTA. // World Trade;Apr2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p20
Reports on the currency market as of April 2001. Appreciation of the Mexican peso; Performance of the Canadian dollar; Depreciation of the United States dollar.