Forfaiting: A New Financing Tool For CFOs
- forfaiting. // International Dictionary of Finance, 4th Edition;2003, p112
Information on the term "forfaiting," is presented. It refers to a form of export finance in which the forfaiter accepts a bill of exchange or promissory note from the exporter's customer at a discount from the exporter. The forfaiter in due course collects payment of the debt. The notes are...
- FORFAITING: THE ALTERNATIVE APPROACH TO EXPORT TRADE FINANCE. // Secured Lender;Mar2014, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p38
The article focuses on the alternative approach to export trade finance in the form of forfaiting. Forfaiting is a trade financing method which allows exporters to grant credit terms to importers without risking their cash flow. Exporters are advised to involve the London Forfaiting Company...
- Forfaiting: A European Customer Finance Technique Comes to the U.S. Lustig, Carole // Business Credit;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 100 Issue 10, p26
Focuses on the application of forfaiting in the United States. Options in providing customer financing; Forfaiting market; Capabilities History of forfaiting; Market participants; Market regulation and documentation; Forfaiting costs; Structured deals and risks. INSETS: What Is...
- American Exporters Discover Forfaiting: Old Technique, New Opportunities. // World Trade;Sep2007, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p22
The article reports on the transformation of the international forfait market. When the international forfait market reached tire U.S. in the early 1990s, the term sounded strange and tire financial technique was unfamiliar. These days, the forfait market is being rapidly transformed, and U.S....
- Rynek usÅ‚ug forfaitingowych w Polsce. Weronis, Ewa // International Business & Global Economy;2013, Issue 32, p237
The aim of this paper is to present the forfaiting market in Poland, from forfaiting services introduced to the offer by the institutions operating on the Polish market and the functioning and current term for development perspective. Using forfaiting enables Polish exporters to expand into...
- An innovative approach to export financing. Nyiri, Ivan // International Trade Forum;1993, Issue 4, p4
Describes the export financing schemes in Lesotho and Swaziland. Reasons for such schemes; New approach; Innovative characteristics; Operational features; Results; Interest of others; Further development.
- Wednesday's Economic Indicators. // Bond Buyer;7/14/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34544, p1
A chart showing economic indicators, including import prices, export prices, and budget statement is presented.
- Forfaiting. // Essential Negotiation;2004, p83
A definition of the term "forfaiting" is presented. It states that a bank forfaits an invoice for an exporter by paying direct to the exporter an agreed proportion of its face value. The bank then assumes total responsibility for collecting the money from the importer, and usually does not have...
- Does It Seem That Your Sales and Operation Are Always on a Collision Course? Troy, Stephen // Secured Lender;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p50
Focuses on factoring business management. Information on the factoring process; Factors that are contributing to business losses; Role of the sales department in the losses incurred by a company.