NOW IS THE TIME FOR "FAIR TRADE"
- The Continued Dumping and Subsidy Offset Act: An Economic Analysis. Yang-Ming Chang; Gayle, Philip G. // Southern Economic Journal;Oct2006, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p530
Under the Continued Dumping and Subsidy Offset Act (CDSOA) of 2000, the U.S. government distributes the revenue from anti-dumping and countervailing duties to domestic firms alleging harm. In this article, we develop a simple model to examine the economic effect of the CDSOA. For the case in...
- January Trade Deficit Up 5.3% to Record $68.5B. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;3/10/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32336, p2
The article reports that the trade deficit of the United States has risen in January 2006. The deficit recorded a 5.3 percent increase or $3.4 billion. The Commerce Department reported that the month's goods and services deficit came as exports increased by 2.5 percent or $2.8 billion. Imports...
- September Trade Deficit Down 6.8% to $64.3 Billion. Smith, Nicole M. // Bond Buyer;11/10/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32506, p2
The article reports that the data released by the U.S. Department of Commerce have revealed the decrease in the nation's trade deficit in September 2006. The 6.8% or 4.7 billion decrease in trade deficit was influenced by more imports of industrial supplies and materials such as crude oil. The...
- Hardly Balanced Out. // Traffic World;6/20/2005, Vol. 269 Issue 25, p6
Reports on the finding by the United States Commerce Department that the trade deficit in April 2005 reached $57 billion. Rise in imports; Rise in Chinese shipments.
- Trade Deficit Up 1.8% To $59.0B in August. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;10/14/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32238, p2
Reports on the rise of trade deficits in August 2005, according to the data released by the Commerce Department in the U.S. Deficit in the August goods and services due to the expansion of exports; Increase of imports.
- The Evolution of the Romanian Trade Balance in the Trade with the EU Member States (1991-2012). Ramona, Terzea Elena // Romanian Economic Journal;Sep2014, Vol. 17 Issue 53, p141
The present paper aims to analyse the evolution of the trade balance of Romania with the European Union Member States during the 22 years of transition from a centralised system to a democratic economic and social system and an efficient market economy. Nearly 25 years after the events of 1989,...
- Trade Deficit Rises To Record $43.1B. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;3/11/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31839, p2
Reports on the increase in the nation's trade deficit in January 2004 according to the Commerce Department. Trade gap in December 2003; Projected deficit for January; Goods and services deficit; Total exports; Total imports.
- 3Q Current Account Deficit Hits $164.7B. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;12/17/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32032, p2
This article reports that according to the U.S. Commerce Department, the U.S. trade deficit on a current account basis increased slightly to a record $164.7 billion in the third quarter of 2004. According to the data of the department, the figure was up from the revised $164.4 billion second...
- U.S. rubber trade shortfall grows 46.8% in July. // Rubber & Plastics News;1/10/2011, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p14
The article offers information on the trade deficit data from the U.S. Commerce Department. The U.S. rubber product trade deficit continued its rise in July 2010 as the shortfall rose 46.8% from July 2009. Trade activity was higher for July 2010 month, as exports rose 8.8% and imports rose...