THE AUDIT ROLE IN INTERNATIONAL CONTROL
- IN AT THE BEGINNING. Meall, Lesley // Accountancy;Jul1992, Vol. 110 Issue 1187, p59
This article focuses on ways for minimizing risks of information technology (IT) mismanagement. British are spending over Â£10 billion a year on information technology. But research has indicated that as many as 40 per cent of IT systems fail to meet business requirements and only 11 per cent...
- Internal auditors. // Accountancy;Apr1973, Vol. 83 Issue 956, p7
Reports on the progress of a certification program introduced by the British Institute of Internal Auditors of upgrading the professional status of the internal auditor. Recognition of the professional qualifications of internal auditors; Aims of the program.
- Meet the internal auditor -- he doesn't just tot up the petty cash. Johnstone, Andrew // Accountancy;May81, Vol. 92 Issue 1053, p107
Discusses the roles and responsibilities of internal auditors. Improvement of internal controls; Evaluation of all internal systems and procedures; Protection of the assets of the organization; Recommendations for cost reduction or profit amelioration.
- INTERNAL AUDIT IN 2015. Millage, Anne // Internal Auditor;Dec2014, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p7
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including interview of internal audit experts, technology expertise and knowledge of data analytics.
- THE POWER OF THREE. MCCOLLUM, T. // Internal Auditor;Apr2014, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p17
The article reports on the highlights of the 2014 North American Pulse of the Profession study on internal audit's responsibilities, including the percentage of organizations who have not sufficiently defined the responsibilities for their various lines of defense, percentage of organizations...
- Audit Committee Composition, "Gray Directors," and Interaction with Internal Auditing. Raghunandan, K.; Read, William J.; Rama, Dasaratha V. // Accounting Horizons;Jun2001, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p105
This study examines the association between audit committee composition and the committee's interaction with internal auditing. Our results, based on responses from chief internal auditors of 114 public companies, indicate that committees comprised solely of independent directors and with at...
- Roundtable. Keys Jr., E. Theodore // Internal Auditor;Dec95, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p67
Focuses on internal auditing work done by the different chapters of the Institute of Internal Auditors. Includes reimbursement of expenses; Review of telephone charges; Reclassification of assets.
- IIA-U.K. lobbying efforts succeed. // Internal Auditor;Aug96, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p10
Reports on the success of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) of Great Britain in lobbying the Parliament to approve reforms that increase the independence of internal auditors in local government. Transfer of the responsibility for internal audits of councils from the council's finance...
- Roundtable. Keys Jr., E. Theodore // Internal Auditor;Oct96, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p73
Presents real-life experiences of the Institute of Internal Auditors's (IIA) local chapters. Sharing of hotel audit information in Texas; Handling of foreign currency in Hawaii; Maintenance service invoices for compliance with contract terms in Arizona.