STRENGTHENING THE TIES OF ACADEMIA AND BUSINESS
- Get Ready for HEAF. // Business Officer;Feb2013, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p51
The article offers information on the Higher Education Accounting Forum (HEAF) to be held from May 19 to 21, 2013 in Savannah, Georgia wherein the latest information on financial reporting and accounting, and managerial issues and analysis for all types of institutions will be discussed.
- HOWARD DAVIES. Davies, Howard // Management Today;Mar2004, p13
This year's World Economic Forum conference in Davos, Switzerland lacked a great theme. Yet, overall, the mood among CEOs was upbeat. The U.S. economy is growing strongly. Both China and India are racing away. Great Britain is pointing in the right direction, at least. Only the Germans remain...
- Gladstone at HFPA talk. // Home Textiles Today;1/13/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p19
Reports on the participation of chief executive officer Alan Gladstone of Anna's Linens at a Retail Roundtable discussion in New York.
- Message to retailers: train frontline staff. // NZ Business;Aug2011, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p10
The article reports on a forum organized in 2010 by New Zealand-based Retail Institute where the chief executive officers (CEO) discussed the contributions of skilled managers and supervisors to the profitability of companies.
- Meetings and Seminars. // Perspectives;May2005, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p52
The article presents information about upcoming conferences on education in the U.S. The 30th annual Great Lakes History Conference, sponsored by Grand Valley State University, will be held in Grand Rapids, Michigan, on October 28-29, 2005. The Northeast Popular Culture Association will hold its...
- Upcoming ACE Events. // Presidency;Winter2006, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p9
Presents a calendar of events of the American Council on Education (ACE) in March and June 2006. Application Deadline for the ACE Institute for New Chief Academic Officers; Presidential Roundtable, Competition in Higher Education: Market Pressures, Public Purposes, and the Cost of Doing...
- The Politically and Culturally One-Sided Campus: Causes, Consequences, Remedies: Pernicious Politicization in Academe: Victims of the One-Sided Campus: Advocacy in the College Classroom. Wright, Luann; Ratliff, Mike; Neal, Anne D. // Academic Questions;Sep2006, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p55
The three papers that follow were delivered on 22 April 2006 at a conference of the California Association of Scholars at the Annenberg School on the campus of the University of Southern California in Los Angeles. The aim of the panelists was to diagnose the political and cultural imbalance in...
- Bartleby, Savitri, & Me. Swope, Sam // Teacher Magazine;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p20
This article presents the teaching experience of the author. The idea sounded great: conduct a seminar for English teachers in one of the world's greatest libraries, with literary experts leading scholarly discussions. But after the author asked a department of ed employee to award the teachers...
- Organizing a Legislative Forum. Longmate, Jack // Academe;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 94 Issue 6, p39
The article focuses on organizing a legislative forum to familiarize legislators with faculty. It involves inviting legislators to discuss higher education issues. Their presence can draw some media notice, along with the attention of the campus community and the general public. The presence of...