Comparing Expressive Vocabulary Size in Children From Bilingual and Monolingual Home Environments: A Reply to Patterson's (2004) Commentary
- Letters to the Editor. Thomas, Lee // Vocabula Review;Jan2001, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p11
A letter to the editor is presented in responds to the topic about the descriptive grammar use to demonstrate how little people understand what language is.
- Basic-Skills Approach Said To `Stifle' Children's Minds. Cornelisse, Suzanne A. // Education Week;5/10/1989, Vol. 8 Issue 33, p24
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Advocates of Basic Skills Know What Ain't So," by Gerald W. Bracey in the April 15, 1989 issue.
- Comparing Bilingual and Monolingual Toddlers' Expressive Vocabulary Size: Revisiting Rescorla and Achenbach (2002). Patterson, Janet L. // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Oct2004, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p1213
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article "Use of the Language Development Survey (LDS) in a National Probability Sample in Children 18 to 35 Months Old," by Leslie Rescorla and T. Achenbach in a 2002 issue.
- Baby lip-readers. Rosenblum, Lawrence // New Scientist;6/30/2007, Vol. 194 Issue 2610, p22
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article from the June 2, 2007 edition, which discusses the role of visual cues in an infant's language development.
- Impact of Early Literacy Guidance on Language Skills of 3-Year-0lds. Prathanee, Benjamas; Thinkamrob, Bandit // Clinical Pediatrics;Sep2005, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p645
Presents a letter to the editor about the impact of early literacy guidance on language skills of children.
- Boontling. Geissmar, Else // Smithsonian;Apr84, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p20
Comments on an article on the secret languages invented by most children, published in a previous issue of 'Smithsonian.'
- back talk. Miller-Wallace, Amy; Caruthers, Ruth; Rogers, Amanda // Baby Talk;Jun/Jul2011, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p10
Several letters to the editor are presented including one discussing the advantage of posting pregnancy results on Youtube website, another on teaching babies how to say words with correct pronunciation, and one on the author's experience of having two miscarriages and one successful pregnancy.
- your say. // Australian Parents;Aug/Sep2007, p8
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to various articles, including a letter which gives advice on country mothers, "The Talking Game" and "A World of Words" both in the April/May 2007 issue.
- Untitled. O'Sullivan, June; Skilton, Barbara; Curtis, Jacquelin // Nursery World (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);5/7/2009, Vol. 109 Issue 4168, p13
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "How to make the most of milk," in the April 16, 2009 issue, another about the use of dummies which prevents the development of language in children, and a letter about intergenerational activities.