Report: Powell OK With Telco Bundle
- RBOCs report strong demand for DSL services. Martin, Michael // Network World;02/05/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p23
Reports on an explosive growth in year 2000 of digital subscribe line (DSL) numbers for the regional Bell operating companies in the United States. Subscribers of SBC Communications, Verizon Communications, Qwest Communications and Bellsouth; Reasons for the rise in DSL numbers.
- BellSouth Mulls Speed Tiers, Pricing. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;6/23/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p27
BellSouth Corp. is eyeing possible changes to digital subscriber line (DSL) pricing and tiered speeds to better its chances in the broadband-services battleâ€” but that might not include a price drop in line with its Baby Bell peers. At the mid-year mark, the Atlanta-based regional Bell...
- SBC, Verizon Lead Way In Quarterly DSL Gains. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;2/3/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p27
Reports on the financial performance of the U.S. digital subscriber line (DSL) companies SBC Communications Inc., Verizon Communications Inc. and BellSouth Corp. for the fourth quarter of 2002. Number of DSL subscribers added to the companies; Expectations of SBC regarding growth in its DSL...
- Q2 DSL Growth Remains Stable. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;8/5/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 31, p27
Reports the digital subscriber line growth among Verizon Communications, SBC Communications Inc. and BellSouth Corp. during the second quater of 2002 in the U.S. Number of subscribers added; Details on the company revenues and earnings; Management schemes.
- For telcos, it's a bundle, baby. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;2/2/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p31
Discusses the multiple-product bundles offered by regional Bell telecommunication operating companies in the U.S. Results of the additional digital subscriber lines subscribers of BellSouth Corp.; Effects of the shift made by Verizon Communications Inc. to broadband on EarthLink Inc.; Products...
- BELLSOUTH EXCEEDS DSL SUBSCRIBER 2000 FORECASTS. // RBOC Update;Feb2001, p4
Reports that BellSouth Corp. has exceeded its projections of reaching 200,000 digital subscriber line (DSL) subscribers in the year 2000. Launch of a rollout plan designed to tripe subscriber numbers by 2001; How customers benefited from an enhanced Web interface; Improvements in BellSouth's...
- BELLSOUTH ADDS 97,000 DSL CUSTOMERS IN FOURTH QUARTER. // RBOC Update;Mar2003, pN.PAG
Reports on the addition of the digital subscriber line (DSL) customer base of BellSouth Corp. during the fourth quarter of 2002. Total customers of BellSouth in 2002; Factors to which BellSouth's DSL growth can be attributed; Achievement of the company in 2002.
- SLICK AND QUICK. Garr, Robin // Louisville Magazine;Sep2000, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p40
Recounts the author's experience with using BellSouth's basic asynchronous digital subscriber line (ADSL) service.
- BELLSOUTH TO ROLL OUT REVAMPED BUSINESS DSL. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;5/6/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 18, p14
Focuses on the launch of the digital subscriber line (DSL) of BellSouth. Information on the services offered by the company; Competitors of DSL services; Forecast on the performance of DSL in the market.