EchoStar Thinks Locally
- Washington Notes. Halonen, Doug; Hatch, David // Electronic Media;06/14/99, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p58
Reports on regulatory developments in television programming in the United States. Includes efforts of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to seek a compromise with the industry over local marketing agreements and other broadcast ownership rule; Fine meted by FCC on Tribune...
- FCC Update. Martin, Harry // Broadcast Engineering;May99, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p30
Reports that four television networks and their affiliates have entered into an agreement with DirecTV. Purpose of the agreement; Petition of Echostar to the United States Federal Communications Commission; Details on DirecTV's partial agreement with the four television networks.
- THIS JUST IN. // Multichannel News;4/22/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p2
Reports developments related to television networks as of April 2002 the U.S. Rehearing over media-ownership ruling by the Federal Communications Commission; Alliance between EchoStar Communications Corp. and Earthlink; Hiring of PriceWaterhouseCoopers LLP as independent auditor of Mediacom...
- Tardy stations may lose DTV licenses. Halonen, Doug // Electronic Media;5/20/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p6
Reports on the compliance of the digital television licenses on the television stations in the U.S. Approval of transition deadlines by the Federal Communications Commission; Indication of the technical problems; Extension of the television programs.
- FCC must make everyone share burden of DTV. // Electronic Media;8/12/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p10
Editorial. Focuses on the effort of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission on the digital television. Guidelines for television networks and cable operators for the shift to digital television; Possibility of losing digital television (DTV) licenses for stations failing to air digital...
- LMA proposals top FCC's list. Halonen, Doug // Electronic Media;01/04/99, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p14
Reports that a controversial proposal to crack down on local marketing agreements (LMAs) is expected to receive US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) consideration early in 1999. Postponement of a vote on a proposal that would have required divestiture of LMAs; Review of the FCC's...
- The network-affiliate-D.C. relationship. McConnell, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;03/12/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 11, p6
Looks at existing United States Federal Communications Commission rules governing the relationship between television networks and their affiliate stations. Affiliates' right to refuse specific network programs; Territorial exclusivity ban; Dual network rule.
- Converting to digital TV? Plan now. Shaw, Russell // Electronic Media;10/11/99, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p25
Presents tips for small-market television stations in converting to digital television. License from the Federal Communications Commission; Tower construction; Allocation details; Zoning regulations; Local ordinances; Help from vendors.
- LPTV owners brace for change. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;05/12/97, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p8
States that low-power television station (LPTV) owners will be affected when the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) shuffles frequency allocations to make room for full-power digital television stations. Views of Gil Gillis, owner of W35BB, a low-power television station; Background...