Bravo HD Relaunches With Universal Touch
- Cable's digital dilemma. Griggs, Robyn // Broadcast Engineering;Mar1998, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p150
Focuses on the United States-based cable industry's ambivalence about plans to provide high-definition television to consumers. Concerns about the possibility of digital must-carry rules; Cable companies' preference to use digital compression to squeeze more channels down the same coax.
- HDTV and more. Ciciora, Walter S. // CED;Jun2003, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p68
Focuses on the discussion on high definition television (HDTV) at the National Cable and Telecommunications Association. Appeal of HDTV to high-end subscribers; Advantages of HDTV; Political benefits of HDTV.
- Up-Converting the Nonbelievers. Mundy, Alicia // MediaWeek;3/4/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p24
Comments on the digital technology packages offered by cable television operators in Washington, D.C. Complaints of some customers to their local cable franchise regulators; Possible debut of high-definition television in the area; Controversy over the availability of prime-time network shows...
- FCC Chairman Cajoled Cablers on HDTV Transition. Mundy, Alicia; Kramer, Staci D. // Cable World (10427228);3/25/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p7
Reports that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is pushing U.S. cable television networks toward high definition television (HDTV). Factor that influences the cable industry attitude to HDTV; Concern of the FCC and the U.S. Congress about the issue; Companies with HDTV plans.
- HDTV no problem, says cable. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;04/27/98, Vol. 128 Issue 18, p6
Cites the confidence of cable executives in the United States that their companies' digital set-top boxes will pass through all high-definition television signal formats to digital television sets without degrading the signal quality. Comments from Leo Hindery, president of the...
- Cable in the crosshairs. Mundy, Alicia; Consoli, John; Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;05/04/98, Vol. 8 Issue 18, p4
Focuses on the issues related to cable television being addressed in the US Congress. Likelihood of regulation of cable rates; Questions on how high definition broadcast television (HDTV) will be carried on cable; Rumors concerning an agreement between television networks and cable operators on...
- Fla. Station Makes Odd Bid for HDTV. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;10/21/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p8
Reports on the complaint of local television stations on the use of high-definition (HD) television carriage among local cable systems in Florida. Details of the argument; Effects of HD format on the elimination of other markets with local TV signals; Problems with digital only TV stations.
- Nets Take Varied HD Paths. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;12/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p1
Discusses the efforts of cable television networks to broadcast high definition (HD) television programs as of December 2002. Possible launch of Cinemax HD by cable television network Home Box office; Lack of infrastructure available with cable television network ESPN for broadcasting HD...
- HDTV Deployments Yet To Come Into Clear Focus. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;12/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p63
Focuses on the status of the deployment of high-definition television in the U.S. discussed at a luncheon hosted by the Cable and Telecommunications Association for Marketing at a trade show for cable networks in the country. Issues addressed during the luncheon; Challenges faced by cable...