Comcast Launches Microsoft Close to Home
- Advanced Ads: Grid Is Good. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;8/9/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 31, p18
The article reports that cable operators such as Comcast Corp. and Rovi Corp. have seen great demand for placement on cable's interactive program guides (IPGs).
- Comcast Teams With Microsoft. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/31/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 22, p18
Presents information on the Foundation 1.7 software purchased by Comcast Corp. from Microsoft Corp. to be used for Motorola set-top boxes. History of the deal between Comcast and Microsoft; Capabilities of the software; Reason of Comcast for purchasing Microsoft's software.
- Waving a VOD Banner. HAUGSTED, LINDA // Multichannel News;8/20/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 33, p49
The article announces the addition of banner and video-on-demand (VOD) enabled ad on Comcast's interactive programming guide, iGuide. This service is available to 9.1 million of Comcast's 9.5 million digital subscribers. According to Chip Meehan, Comcast Spotlight's vice president for...
- Comcast not tied to Microsoft set-top boxes. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;10/06/97, Vol. 16 Issue 41, p3
Suggests that though Microsoft has invested $1 billion in Comcast, the cable company is not wired to use Microsoft's set-top box architecture. Information from Comcast President Brian Roberts; How industry criticism of Microsoft's investment has impacted on Comcast.
- Word has it. Taylor, Catharine P. // MediaWeek;06/16/97, Vol. 7 Issue 24, p41
Reports on the purchase of a stake in Comcast Corp. by Microsoft Corp. Advantages of the deal for both companies; Need for content.
- Microsoft buys $1B stake in Comcast to further goal. Cohen, Sarah // Electronic News;07/14/97, Vol. 43 Issue 2176, p116
Reports that Microsoft Corp. is making a $1 billion investment in Comcast Corp. to expand its influence in the broadcasting arena to aid in its mission to converge television and computing. Microsoft's ownership of Comcast; Expected cooperation between the two companies' executives; Deployment...
- Microsoft investment could alter cable's future. Trott, Bob; Wilen, John // InfoWorld;06/16/97, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p10
Reports on Microsoft Corp.'s acquisition of an 11.5 percent stake in Comcast. Deal as an indication that Microsoft is expecting the convergence of Internet and television technologies; Deal's aim of enhancing integration of broadband pipes and content to expand services offered to consumers.
- Cash rains down on cable. Levine, Shira // Telephony;06/16/97, Vol. 232 Issue 24, p6
Reports on Microsoft Corp.'s investment of $1 billion to Comcast Corp. Terms of agreement; Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates' denial that the company's investment in Comcast is incompatible with the work it has done with the telephone industry; Impact of the investment on the cable industry in the...
- Microsoft's cable play: PC and TV, too? Lambert, Peter // Inter@ctive Week;06/16/97, Vol. 4 Issue 20, p8
Focuses on the Microsoft Corporation's billion dollar investment in Comcast Corporation during June 1997. Benefit of this investment to Microsoft; Company which Microsoft may target as a result of the Comcast deal; Impact of the investment on the performance of cable stocks.