As Voom Sheds Subs, Street Stays Skeptical
- Untitled. Tombes, Jonathan // VIA Satellite;Apr2012, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p10
The article offers information on the impact of multi-screen television (TV) on satellite TV. It states that for the satellite industry, it concerns both satellite transport companies and pay-TV operators, whose subscribers are among the large number of consumers using these IP-enabled video...
- News 12 debuts new service. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/16/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 17, p49A
Reports on Cablevision Systems Corp.'s New 12 network's launched of News 12 Interactive, a service that allow subscribers to customize the news to their interests and obtain additional content. Plans of the company to launch the service on iO or Interactive Optimum digital cable in Long Island,...
- Take That Verizon. // CableFAX Daily;2/24/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p2
Reports on the increase in the speed of the high speed cable television services offered by cable services firm CableVision to its customers starting February 2006. Amount being charged for the increase; Information on the premium service offered by the company to its customers.
- Business Pricing:. // CableFAX Daily;4/13/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 72, p2
Provides information on the financial implication for Cablevision when it allow its cable television subscribers to pay the same price as residential customers. Reason for the approach to pricing business services; Willingness of businesses to pay premium for business service.
- Disney Net Goes SVOD. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/9/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p6
The U.S. cable television network Disney Channel has launched a new basic-cable-based, subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) service within Interactive Optimum digital cable offering from the company Cablevision Systems Corp., as on June 9, 2003. The network's SVOD service sells for $4.95 per...
- News12 Web site cuts cord to non-subscribers. Schachter, Ken // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);9/24/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 41, p4A
Reports that News12.com, the web site of the cable news network based in Long Island, New York, is removing its free-access policy and is excluding non-subscribers. Terms of the subscription policy of cable company Cablevision; Continuation of emergency information services.
- I Want My Pay TV. // Latin Trade (English);Oct2002, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p50
Presents a graphical representation of the growth of pay for television subscription in Latin America from 1998 to 2001.
- Cablers try digital entry. Foreman, Liza // Variety;07/26/99, Vol. 375 Issue 10, p24
Unveils plans for the relaunch of the digital pay television (TV) market and Premiere World in Germany. Role of Leo Kirch in the digital pay TV market; TV network executives who are participating in the launching; Applicants for digital pay TV.
- AXN increases relevance to go up against terrestrials. Francis, Leithen // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;11/29/2002, p19
Focuses on development plans of action and adventure pay-television channel AXN to increase its viewership in Indian subcontinent. Special program started by the channel for its viewers in South Asia; Reason for launching the India special program; Advertising support received by the program.