New Services Drive Cablevision 3Q Gains
- Cablevision Ready to Roll Out VoIP. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;6/30/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p1
Cablevision Systems Corp. is coming out with an aggressive plan to roll the Internet-protocol telephony technology out to its entire Optimum Online high-speed data footprint by the third quarter of this year, as of June 2003. The rollout, which will turn up a telephony service passing 3.1...
- Cablevision losses mount; revs up 21%. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;02/18/2000, Vol. 266 Issue 56, p6
Reports on the financial performance of Cablevision Systems in 1999. Net loss; Revenue; Amount to be invested by the company in its cable and telephone services in 2000; Financial performance of content division Rainbow Media for the same period.
- All systems go for Cablevision. Kolodny, Lord // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;2/28/2006, Vol. 393 Issue 17, p11
The article reports that Cablevision Systems Corp. on Monday reported fourth-quarter earnings that exceeded Wall Street estimates as it continued to sign up advanced service customers and its basic cable subscriber count grew for a seventh consecutive quarter. Cablevision shares closed up 5% on...
- Basic Subscribership: Growth Is Back. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/6/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p3
Offers observations on the growth of basic-cable service in the U.S. Reason behind the growth; Advantages of the voice-over Internet protocol service; Increase in the number of basic subscribers of cable provider Cablevision Systems Corp.
- The Impact of Regulatory Events On Investors: An Examination of the 1992 Cable Bill: A Note . Blankley, Alan I.; Cravens, Karen S.; Glover, Hubert D. // American Business Review;Jan1997, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p26
Focuses on investors in the cable television industry and compares the related market response to regulatory events with the market response to firm-specific earnings announcements. Ways in which both earnings and regulatory announcements support the expected price invariance; Utility of...
- Cablevision Shares Rise on Report. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;3/3/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 9, p27
The article reports that Cablevision Systems Corp. shares edged up after the cable operator reported strong fourth-quarter results in the U.S. Cablevision's fourth-quarter consolidated net revenue was $1.84 billion compared with $1.66 billion for the same period in 2006. The company added 1,000...
- KEEPING IT LOW. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;12/1/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p1
Reports on the plans of U.S. cable operators to increase their rates in January 2004. Report issued by General Accounting Office in October 2003; Overview of the rate increase plans of Cablevision Systems Corp.; Basis of the rate increases; Factors driving lower rate increases.
- Stalking the IP golden egg. Lafferty, Michael // CED;Apr2000, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p46
Reports on the competition to provide Internet Protocol (IP) telephony. Conversion into reality of the voice over Internet Protocol through cable television networks; Advantages of IP telephony aside from cost savings; Issues concerning standards, service and other problems.
- Operators Kick the Tires on Voice-Encryption Strategies. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;2/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p31
Focuses on the display of a cable telephony voice-encryption service at Cable Television Laboratories Inc.'s conference by cable operators Nuera Communications Inc., Syndeo Corp. and InnoMedia Inc. Advantages of voice encryption service; Compliance of CableLabs standards by the...