ADELPHIA'S COOPER MAKES A CAMEO
- Calendare. Mardon, Mark // Bay Area Reporter;8/3/2006, Vol. 36 Issue 31, p36
The article highlights a benefit performance to raise funds for AIDS organizations in San Francisco, California. Divas Tyne Daly and La Toya London sang medleys including "Real Emotional Girl/I'll Be Seeing You" and "Waiting for You/Help is on the Way." Carole Cook performed medleys "You Can...
- 2 tapped to lead Adelphia. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/21/2003, Vol. 376 Issue 50, p8
Reports that after a week of negotiations, the bankrupt U.S. cable operator Adelphia Communications has appointed former AT&T cable executives Bill Schleyer as chairman and chief executive officer and Ron Cooper as president and chief operating officer. Reputation of the two men in the...
- Court to Weigh Adelphia Pacts. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;1/27/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p3
Reports on submission of an employment contracts of Adelphia Communications Corp.'s chairman William Schleyer and president Ron Cooper by the company to the U.S. Bankruptcy Court. Estimation of the amount, Schleyer and Cooper stand to make over three years; Payments for Schleyer and Cooper for...
- 'Not An Easy Task.' Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);6/9/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p38
Discusses issues related to Adelphia Communications Corp. Impact of the company's pending bankruptcy on the cable industry; Effort of chief executive officer Bill Schleyer to recover from bankruptcy; Cooperation between Schleyer and chief operating officer Ron Cooper to save the company.
- IT'S A DEAL. Figler, Andrea; Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);1/20/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p3
Reports on the decision of Adelphia Communications' board to approve its revised employment contracts with Bill Schleyer and Ron Cooper in 2003. Executive positions held by Schleyer and Cooper at the company; Details of the contract; Reasons of the shareholders for opposing the revised contract.
- Adelphia's Top Guys On Life in Hot Seats. // Multichannel News;6/9/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p1
Presents an interview of Bill Schleyer and Ron Cooper, top executives of the U.S.-based company Adelphia Communications Corp. Efforts done by Schleyer and Cooper in bringing Adelphia out of bankruptcy; Reasons behind weak operating performance of the company; Factors that led to their visiting...
- Adelphia Overhauls Digital, Bundle Pricing. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;9/22/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p14
Reports on the plan of Adelphia Communications Corp. to revamp its premium and digital pricing plans while raising per-subscriber revenue levels. Details of Adelphia's pricing packages; Statement from Adelphia's president and CEO Ron Cooper about the digital pricing plans; Response of local...
- Adelphia makes double play. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;11/13/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 28, p5
Reports that bankrupt cable company Adelphia Communications has appointed William Schleyer and Ron Cooper as chief executive and chief operating officer, respectively. Bankruptcy filing of Adelphia following an accounting scandal; Career achievements of Schleyer and Cooper.
- Rigas Sentenced. // CableFAX Daily;3/6/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 43, p1
Reports on the sentence imposed on Michael Rigas, former chief operating officer of Adelphia, for his role in an accounting scandal involving the company. Fine to be paid by Rigas; Background on the case.