C-SPAN: Kerry Didn't Try to Suppress Tape
- Lifetime Campaigns to Stoke Vote. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;1/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p26
Reports on the plan of cable television network Lifetime Network to launch the Our Lifetime Commitment: Every Woman Counts campaign with a forum featuring U.S. Democratic presidential candidates in New Hampshire, as of January 2004. Information on the campaign; Co-sponsorship with ABC News.
- Broadcast Wins the Dollar Vote. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;4/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p6
Reports on the preference of U.S. presidential candidates, President George W. Bush and John Kerry to advertise through broadcast stations rather than through cable television. Action taken by cable advertisement sellers in 2000 in their effort to be more competitive; Percentage of spending for...
- Political Looks Down for the Count. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;12/04/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 49, p56
Reports the sales of political advertisements for 'Campaign 2000' in the United States. Disappointments of cable executives over the outcomes; Impact of traditional strategies employed by politicians on the cable and interconnect industry; Views of the political community on the capability of...
- CNN WINS AUD VOTE AT CONFAB. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;8/2/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 20, p2
Reports that cable news network CNN has won the Democratic National Convention on the cable news side and picked up nearly as many viewers as the broadcast nets during presidential candidate John Kerry's acceptance speech in the United States. Lack of broadcast coverage in primetime; Estimated...
- THE WALLFLOWER KNOWS. Powers, William // National Journal;3/20/2004, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p898
Presents information on C-SPAN, the U.S. Congressional TV network. Misconceptions about the TV network; Information on the performance of the TV network during its 25 years of televising the Congress; Views on the coverage of the campaign of presidential candidate by the TV network.
- Lizz Winstead. // Mother Jones;May/Jun2004, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p82
Interviews Lizz Winstead of Comedy Central's "The Daily Show," about "Air America," a radio talk show. Comparison between the raw material and topics discussed in the show; Possible impact of John Kerry becoming president on "Air America"; View on liberal talk radio.
- National News: NEWSWIRE. // Adweek;9/6/2004, Vol. 45 Issue 33, p7
This article presents developments related to the field of mass media. General Motors Corp. on Saturday followed up teasers that aired during the Olympics with two spots for its Pontiac G6 sedan that broke during NCAA football coverage on ABC and ESPN. Presidential candidate John Kerry's...
- New Hostile Fire. Thomas, Evan; Gegax, T. Trent; Lipper, Tamara; Meadows, Susannah; Barry, John; Williams, Kathryn // Bulletin with Newsweek;8/31/2004, Vol. 122 Issue 6436, p46
The article presents the information that Swift Boat Veterans for Truth has hit U.S. presidential candidate John Kerry's hull. The author states that slickly made advertisements and frequent appearances on cable TV and talk radio, charging that Kerry had lied to win his medals in Vietnam, the...
- CNN sets GOP date. // Multichannel News;12/06/99, Vol. 20 Issue 50, p34
Reports on Cable News Network's plan to broadcast a live debate between the Republican presidential candidates on December 6, 1999.