Adelphia Seeks Outside Bids
- CARVING UP CABLER. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;9/7/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 45, p14
The article reports that the auction for Adelphia Communications Corp. begins in earnest this week, promising to remake the map of cable television in the U.S. Starting today, Adelphia's advisers, UBS and Allen & Co., will distribute a memorandum outlining the systems available for bid. Adelphia...
- 'Definitive' Adelphia Sale Bolsters 2 Top Cable Ops. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;4/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p1
Presents updates on the sale of Adelphia Communications Corp. as of April 25, 2005. Cable television operators that emerged as the definitive winners in the bid for the company; Approval of the acquisition deal by the boards of directors of the company; Details of the acquisition deal.
- Adelphia Puts Own Brand on Cleveland Systems. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;11/06/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 45, p71
Reports on United States-based cable television company Adelphia Communications Corp.'s rebranding of the cable television system it has acquired from Cablevision Systems Corp. in Cleveland, Ohio. Details of the rebranding program.
- Debt-Heavy Adelphia Wants to Sell Subs. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;12/18/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 51, p31
Reports on the plans of Adelphia Communications Corp. to sell its cable television subscription base in the United States to meet financial obligations. Amount of debt owed by the company; Estimates of the market value of individual Adelphia customers.
- Hooked Up. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;01/04/99, Vol. 129 Issue 1, p68
Presents news briefs from the cable television industry in the United States in 1998. Agreement of Adelphia Communications Corp. to acquire systems from Verto Communications Inc.; Cash tender offers of EchoStar Communications Corp.; Information on the affiliation deals signed by ISP Channel...
- Cable stocks plummet. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/29/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 18, p12
Reports the decrease of the cable stocks on the Adelphia Communications Corp. Management scheme on programming packages; Company operation on cable operators; Indication of plain-old pay channels.
- Nets May Lose MSO's Fees. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;6/3/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 22, p8
Reports on the impact of the financial difficulties suffered by Adelphia Communications Corp. on cable networks running on its system. Reason for the decision of Charter Communications to abandon its deal with Adelphia; Factor that caused the problems of Adelphia.
- Buffalo Seeks Adelphia Systems Audit. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;02/19/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p36
Reports that the city government of Buffalo, New York, is asking state regulators to conduct an audit of Adelphia Communications Corp.'s cable television system in the city as of February 19, 2001. Cable company's plan to raise subscription rates; Implications for the company's planned real...
- Cash-poor Adelphia selling cable systems. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;5/9/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 50, p7
Reports the sale of cable systems by Adelphia Communications in the U.S. Authorization to financial advisers for solicitation of offers for cable systems; Reasons for the sale of cable systems; Interest of cablers and showbiz concerns for acquisition of the systems.