TICKET TOO HIGH
- Movies on Demand: Breaking Through. // Multichannel News;10/3/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 37, p51
The article reports on the development in the integrated marketing campaign of cable companies in the U.S. that promote Movies on Demand (MOD) category to its subscribers.
- CABLE'S INDIAN SUMMER. Littlejohn, Janice Rhoshalle // Multichannel News;9/14/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 34, p16
The article focuses on the popularity of the cable television networks during the summer season in the U.S. A study suggests that the industry has achieved its 10th-summer straight win over its broadcast rivals in household share. Despite the industry's success, the author argues that most...
- Cable's no better. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;7/16/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 30, p16
Predicts United States cable television networks' pool of upfront money to decrease in 2001. Factors attributing to the predicted trend; Percentage decline in the profitability of local industry players during the given time period.
- MSOs Report Record-Breaking Quarter for High-Speed Additions. Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);5/12/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p10
Reports on the earnings posted by multi-system cable operators in the U.S. in May 2003. Factors behind the increased earnings; Strategies implemented by cable operators to improve their earnings; Influence of high-speed additions on cable earnings.
- Still Strutting After All These Years. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/13/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 50, p20
Provides information on the top cable television networks in the U.S. based on the posted revenues in 2004. NBC; QVC; HBO.
- Roberts: Retrans Is a Lose or Lose Deal. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;04/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p1
Reports on Comcast Corp. president Brian Roberts' comments on the effects of the retransmission consent issue on cable television operators in the United States. Potential impact of the removal of broadcast channels in cable television's lineup; Roberts' view regarding shifts in bargaining power...
- Cable Providers Seek Growth Outside TV. King, Danny // Television Week;3/3/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p36
The article focuses on the efforts of cable companies to seek growth outside the television sector in the U.S. Of the four largest publicly traded cable companies reporting in March 2008, all reported higher revenues and three reported improved earnings from a year earlier. It states that while...
- Bird watching. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/15/2005, Vol. 391 Issue 43, p15
This article reports that the U.S.'s two big satellite TV companies reported mixed third-quarter results this month, and their stocks have found themselves at or near 52-week lows and concern that cable competition and other factors are slowing down growth. In this environment, some on Wall...
- Comcast bundling up for 2006. Kolodny, Lora // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/10/2006, Vol. 392 Issue 31, p22
This article reports that Comcast Corp., the largest U.S. cable operator, started the new year with a stock price hovering at a two-year low despite what Wall Street observers generally called solid operating results amid concern about competitive issues and capital-spending levels. Comcast...