- Aiming high for funds. // Cabinet Maker;12/15/2006, Issue 5518, p57
The article reports on the success of fund-raising events in Great Britain in 2006. Zone Furniture agent Jamieson Small successfully climbed Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania to raise funds for Children With Leukemia. Bingo nights, customer raffles and golf tournaments were organized by furnishings...
- Charity check. // Cabinet Maker;9/30/2005, Issue 5458, p35
Reports on the fund raising initiated by Housing Units at its golf day in aid of the Motor Neurone Disease Association in Great Britain.
- BUREAUCRATIC BATTLE. Cooper, Mabel // Community Care;12/12/2002, Issue 1452, p22
Presents an article about the People First charity group in Great Britain. Financial problems facing the group; Fund raising efforts of the group; Challenges faced by the fund raising initiatives of the group.
- LONG ISLAND FIGHT FOR CHARITY. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/12/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 51, p3D
Focuses on the fundraising activity organized by local business people in Long Island, New York. Organizers of the event; Activities organized for the event; Amount expected to be raised from the event.
- â€˜Spring Flingâ€™ Sunday. Laird, Cynthia // Bay Area Reporter;4/27/2006, Vol. 36 Issue 17, p4
The article reports that Openhouse agency will host its annual Spring Fling benefit at Sumi Restaurant in San Francisco, California.
- The onward march of the Comic Relief extravaganza. Cook, Stephen // Third Sector;3/31/2009, p12
The author comments on the fund-raising activity of Comic Relief amid the recession. He says that this celebrity-ridden extravaganza divides opinion and makes some onlookers envious. According to the author, Comic Relief devotes a lot of the money it raises to some less popular causes such as...
- PHILANTHROPY. Haman, Kim // Orange County Business Journal;9/21/2015, Vol. 38 Issue 38, p10
The article offers philanthropy news briefs in California including the Habitat for Humanity home building of R.D. Olson Construction, the Forget Me Not Days fundraiser of Bankers Life and the $175,000 grant offered by the First Team Real Estate Foundation.
- Sweet Charity. Carter, Carol // Georgia Trend;Nov2003, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p114
Dancing the night away for a good cause may be fun, but it's also serious business, says the article. It doesn't take a wizard to find a yellow brick road headed toward a charity event in Georgia. Balls, dinners, luncheons and sporting events all combine the appeal of a fun-filled social...
- Hot issue: event fundraising. // Third Sector;2/8/2011, Issue 647, p34
The article discusses the issue of providing a better attraction to potential donors to participate in physically challenging charitable events.