Big rises for small businesses
- TAX CASE REVIEW. Greene, Chris; Maddalena, Christina // Accountancy;May98, Vol. 121 Issue 1257, p78
Reports on the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales' (OCAEW) Tax Faculty's support of the improvement in tax measures for small businesses in Great Britain. Comments of Peter Bickley, secretary to the ICAEW Tax Faculty, on the 1998 Budget; Proposed corporation tax for small...
- Queen City a tax haven. // Business New Hampshire Magazine;Dec92, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p10
Reports that Manchester has the lowest tax burden on small business of 44 cities across the United States, according to the study by the National Federation of Independent Business. Five model businesses used by the NFIB in the study; Categories in which Manchester does not have the lowest tax...
- Small pleasures. Freeman, Peter // Bulletin with Newsweek;03/20/2001, Vol. 119 Issue 6266, p64
Explores strategies for small businesses in Australia to gain generous tax concessions. Availment of a provision that allows for the deferral of gains tax; Understanding of how concessions are made available on gains made on active business assets.
- Oh no! What happened to all my tax records? Rosenberg, Joyce M. // Chicago Citizen - South Suburban Edition;2/9/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p4
The article discusses the problems with disappeared tax receipts and records affecting small business owners during tax filing season.
- Corporation tax. // Accountancy;May81, Vol. 92 Issue 1053, p15
Reports on the marginal fraction for small companies tax rate in Great Britain for the year to March 31, 1981.
- technical summary. Singleton-Green, Brian // Accountancy;Dec1998, Vol. 122 Issue 1264, p2
The article presents news briefs pertaining to accounting in various countries as of December 1998. The International Accounting Standards Committee has issued "Basis for Conclusions: IAS 38, Intangible Assets," and "IAS 22 (revised 1998) Business Combinations." The Malaysian government has...
- Value of owner's personal mark can affect taxes in business sale. DeMarco, Peter A. // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/14/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p14
The author reflects on the mostly overlooked taxation in small businesses. He stresses that planning on how to retire from a business is a complex process. Meanwhile, he also mentions that when owners leave their businesses, they also leave an indelible mark on their operation by spending years...
- Tax issues. Gilchrist, Brent // Chartered Accountants Journal;Oct97, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p21
Looks at tax compliance issues affecting small businesses. Tax compliance requirements; Sole trading; Complications of partnership profits; Tax problems for small-business owners; Tax compliance penalties.
- Deductions for good deeds. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);1/15/96, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p10
Reports that small businesses can get federal income tax deductions by donating excess inventory.