Courts shares dive while MFI lifts a little
- Ups and downs of shares hit by bid talks. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;6/11/2004, Issue 5392, p7
Reports stocks performance of several companies in the furniture industry and trade hit by bid talks in Great Britain. Estimates of fantasists on the value of shares for retail store chain, MFI Group PLC; Stock price of Kingfisher PLC for the first quarter of 2004; Range in the share prices of...
- MFI forecasts downgraded. // Cabinet Maker;9/16/2005, Issue 5456, p6
Presents a graph depicting the changes in stocks for retailer MFI Furniture Group PLC in Great Britain.
- Daily fluctuations hit Marks & Spencer. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;03/16/2001, Issue 5229, p5
Reports on the performance of the stock of British retailer Marks & Spencer.
- MFI shares fail to respond. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;06/02/2000, Issue 5190, p6
Reports on the first quarter sales and stock performance of MFI in 2000.
- MFI viability divides analysts. // Cabinet Maker;11/25/2005, Issue 5466, p6
The article reports on the performance of stocks of furniture retailer MFI Furniture Group PLC in Great Britain. Financial analysts at Seymour Price recommend clients bail out while the shares are above the 50p valuation common in the market. On the other hand, analysts at Investec advise...
- Which? targets MFI sales tactics. // Cabinet Maker;7/15/2005, Issue 5447, p4
Reports on issues over misleading promotions faced by MFI Furniture Group PLC in Great Britain. Investigation made by consumer body Which? on the pricing practices of MFI; Use of underhand tactics to fool customers into believing they were getting a bargain; Need for companies to adhere to the...
- Argos grabs the furniture crown. // Cabinet Maker;12/15/2006, Issue 5518, p4
The article reports on the leadership of Argos in the furniture retail industry in Great Britain in 2006. MFI, which has been at the top of the list since 1986, was overtaken by Argos, DFS and Ikea. Argos, a catalog retailer which sells its furniture online, has seen a growth in its market share...
- Analysts say M&S is a good share buy. // Cabinet Maker;10/29/2004, Issue 5412, p7
Reports on the points earned by British company Marks & Spencer which is a good share buy according to investors. Stabilization of non-food sales in mid-September 2004; Factors that drive substantial earnings progress in retail trade.
- MRG smells more profit in perfume. // Cabinet Maker;7/16/2004, Issue 5397, p6
Reports that department store operator Merchant Retail Group is to close its four mainland stores in Great Britain to concentrate on its fragrance operation, The Perfume Shop.