Rowe gets home job -- for now
- Steve Rowe, CEO, M&S (9). Robertson, Carolyn // Grocer;2/6/2016, p32
The article features retailer Marks & Spencer (M&S) and its chief executive officer (CEO) Steve Rowe including his skills as a trader and the company's growth.
- News. Sidders, Jack // Estates Gazette;1/9/2016, Issue 898, p03
The article announces the resignation of Marc Bolland as chief executive officer (CEO) of retailer Marks & Spencer, along with the appointment of Steve Rowe as his successor.
- Marks And Spencer Shareholders Approve Rose As Exec. Chairman. Jones, Nina // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/10/2008, Vol. 196 Issue 7, p12
The article reports that Stuart Rose, chairman of Marks & Spencer Group PLC, was elected executive chairman at the British retailer's annual meeting, despite opposition from some shareholders with 22 percent abstaining or voting against him. It states that critics argued that his appointment to...
- News. // Estates Gazette;5/23/2015, Issue 839, p03
The article reports on the increase in the profit of retailer Marks & Spencer in the period ended March 28, 2015.
- M&S chief picks up top Marketing Society award. Barrand, Drew // Marketing (00253650);6/21/2006, p1
The article reports that Steven Sharp, Marks & Spencer Group PLC's marketing director, has won the prestigious Marketer of the Year prize at this year's Marketing Society Awards for Excellence. Sharp scooped the award, which was voted for by the readers of the journal "Marketing (UK)," in...
- M&5 homewares up. // Cabinet Maker;1/12/2007, Issue 5520, p4
The article reports on the sales performance of Marks & Spencer homewares in United Kingdom. The company's sales has been increased to 9.2 percent within three months, from October to December 30. In July to September 30, there was a 17.7 rise in homewares sale and 23.3 percent in the first...
- What does the UK really want from its retailers? Pitcher, George // Marketing Week;4/19/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p23
Examines issues in relation to the wealth of Great Britain-based retailer Tesco, and Marks & Spencer's lack of it. Profiteering accusations against Tesco for breaking the 1 billion pre-tax profits threshold; Tragic situation of Marks & Spencer.
- M&S Net Plunges 40% in First Half. Conti, Samantha // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/10/2004, Vol. 188 Issue 101, p2
Reports on the profits posted by Marks & Spencer PLC (M&S) in Great Britain as of November 10, 2004. Percentage of decrease in the profits of M&S; Reason for the decrease in profits; Changes in the retailing, merchandising and buying operations of M&S.
- Retail News: Briefs. // Marketing (00253650);11/16/2005, p13
The article presents news briefs related to field of retail business. Marks & Spencer's Group PLC top marketer Steven Sharp has been promoted to its board and made executive director for marketing, e-commerce, store design and development. Spar is sponsoring GMTV's Christmas cuisine programme,...