- Late Easter Chills March. Ryan, Thomas J. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/7/2000, Vol. 179 Issue 68, p14
Reports on retail sales in the United States for the month of March 2000. Decline in same-store sales; Adverse effects of the late celebration of Easter; Healthy job market and high consumer confidence as offsetting higher interest rates; Weak performance by traditional department stores;...
- Profit Drought Expected Widespread for Retailers. Ryan, Thomas J. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/6/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 87, p24
Reports on the financial performance of retailers in the United States during the third quarter of 2000. Forecast of profit declines from some major retailers including May Co., Federated, Gap and Nordstrom; Factors attributed to the drop in earnings; Categories which suffered the most from...
- A&P Clears $25.8M in Sale-Leaseback. Springer, Jon // Supermarket News Expert Blog;4/ 3/2013, p1
The article reports on the 25.8 million U.S. dollars raised by retailer A&P from a sale/leaseback of four of its stores.
- 2002 INDUSTRY OVERVIEW Sales rise &73 bil to $1.7 tril. Troy, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;7/7/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 13, p15
Previews the Annual Industry Report for 2002 of the periodical 'DSN Retailing Today.' Proprietary scorecard of the leading public and privately held retailers in the U.S.; Sales of the top retail companies; Resiliency of the American consumer; Operating profits of companies; Sales by channel. ...
- The End of Summer: It's Too Late to Relax Now. LEMPERT, PHIL // SN: Supermarket News;8/29/2011, Vol. 59 Issue 35, p6
The article discusses the author's views on the crucial time of the year wherein retailers are already pressed for time and energy to get ready and meet the challenges of building growth by boosting profitable sales in the coming months.
- Casino retailers experience rebound in traffic, sales. EMERSON, LAURA // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);8/8/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 32, pP19
This article reports that casino-based retail centers in Las Vegas, Nevada have posted positive sales since the start of 2011, such as in the case of the Miracle Mile center, which is located on The Strip. Being adjacent to the City Center, The Cosmopolitan, and Paris Las Vegas, the center...
- Retail sales buoyed by strong car numbers. Hogsett, Don // Home Textiles Today;6/21/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 41, p16
Reports on the increase in the retail sales in the U.S. Support of the strong automobile sales to the retail sales; Improvement of the clothing and accessories stores sales; Increment in the sales of appliance stores.
- Highlights. // Retail Trade;Jan2004, Vol. 76 Issue 1, pv
Provides information on the the sales performance of the retail trade in Canada as of January 2004. Increase in the overall sales in the automotive sector; Average sales increase among stores in the retail trade; Percentage of consumer spending in the clothing sector.
- Burberry Sales Up 2.3%, Sees Tough Second Half. Conti, Samantha // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/13/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 79, p3
This article reports on the increase in the sales at Burberry Group plc in the first half of 2005. In the period ended Sept. 30, retail sales showed the highest growth rate, rising 11.7 percent to 124 million pounds, or $217 million, from 111 million pounds, or $194.3 million. Burberry's 12...