Thinking the unthinkable?
- Jacobs back on board to revive Courts sales. // Cabinet Maker;11/12/2004, Issue 5414, p3
Reports on the recruitment of James Jacobs by the furniture retailer Courts PLC in Great Britain. Efforts of the firm to revive its sales; Financial performance; Total debt of the firm.
- Talk. Clare, Mike // Cabinet Maker;12/3/2004, Issue 5417, p9
Focuses on the opinion of furniture industry executives about the business failure of Courts PLC in Great Britain. Competitiveness of retailers according to John Marshall, DP Furniture Express chairman; Cause of uncertainty for consumers according to Robert Lee, managing director of Lee...
- Blow for structural guarantees. // Cabinet Maker;9/10/2004, Issue 5405, p3
Reports on the prospect of furniture retailers in Great Britain having to pay huge value-added-tax bills after a tribunal failed to rule in favor of Courts in the row over structural guarantees.
- Suppliers are 'owed Â£30m' claim. // Cabinet Maker;12/17/2004, Issue 5419, p3
The article reports that according to a member of its management team of Courts PLC, suppliers are owed Â£30 million by the company. Staff were apparently unaware of the seriousness of the situation until their expenses cheques bounced. Most of its 300 head office staff have been made redundant.
- What's up at Sears? --and other observations. Harding, Sy // New Hampshire Business Review;11/1/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p13A
Examines the financial condition of U.S. retailer Sears as of November 2002. Background on controversies surrounding the company; Speculations on the company's earnings; Problems facing the company regarding credit-card debt.
- VALUE MAKING FOR RETAILING COMPANIES. Belyansky, Evgenyj // Economics & Management;2007, p1085
Approaches of business value making are considered in this article on the example of Russian retaling companies. It is not only financial approaches, but also managerial ones, which help to create a deal between development strategy and growth of the company's value. Profitable growth is a key...
- Sharper Image files Ch. 11. Combs, Heath E. // Furniture/Today;2/25/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 25, p36
The article reports that Sharper Image Corp., a catalog, store and online retailer, has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Wilmington, Delaware. Human Touch, a massage chair manufacturer, is listed as Sharper Image's 7th biggest creditor in the bankruptcy...
- Malaysian move lifts Courts. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;09/01/2000, Issue 5203, p5
Reports on the increase in the stock price of British furniture company Courts following a listing for a subsidiary on the Malaysian stock market.
- Courts UK dips back into the red. // Cabinet Maker;5/9/2003, Issue 5337, p5
Reports on the financial performance of furniture firm Courts in Great Britain for the year ended March 31, 2003. Operating loss; Operating profits; Increase in sales.